Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Ellie, Sindarin
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Months

Your Steam Name: Patrivs
Your Roleplay Name: Tessak Martsinkevich
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:244184884

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 1.1, 1.2, 3.2

Why should this appeal be considered?: I feel as if the ban that was given to me & my friend was unjust in the way it was handled.

To start, I am willing to accept a punishment for Metagaming however, it is highly likely that other groups/shops that use Discord as a means to communicate whether IC'ly or not on the server. I am also willing to give ownership of the discord to a member of UA/Management to oversee it. Secondly, I feel as if the disrespectful behavior reason was unjust, as Sindarid came up to me and my group with Ellie in Discord and harassed us for "Metagaming". And in the clip, he somehow "randomly" found us at the store we were at and continued to harass us over said reason, which breaks rules 1.4 & 1.1. He didn't tell us that he or Ellie were a part of the Servers team and continued to harass us, Me and my other buddy do the reasonable thing in our eyes (it may not be to others) but we act like dickheads back to him & Ellie since he wanted to not act like an adult in a situation that wasn't even brought to a staff situation. If either of them would've come up to us in a civilized manner and talked to us like adults, we would have cooperated with them. The discrimination/misogyny reason is unjust as it was taken out the wrong way. I told Ellie as we're being harassed by both of them that I quote "Don't talk to women". It's not misogynistic to not talk to women, I am affirming that I do not talk to women at all. No warnings were issued to me or my buddy at any point during that situation, the only person that was in the call that was warned for was jackkerr3510, and he was warned for the same reason my friend Nervous Man was banned for, "3.2".

After I was banned, Sindarid and Ellie continued to harass Nervous Man and Jackker by breaking rules 1.4 & 1.1. Nervous Man wanted to know exactly why I was banned and why I wasn't warned, and she said it was for Misogyny. And directly after that, she immediately bans Nervous Man instead of giving him a warning for metagaming like Jackker was. Another note to add was that as Nervous Man was banned, there wasn't a reason listed for him until a few minutes after the ban was given, it was updated on the forums.

To end it off, I again am willing to accept a warn or even a week ban for metagaming, but I'm not going to tolerate other reasons & the absolute unprofessionalism from Ellie and Sindarid on how they handled this. No staff member, especially a Senior Moderator & Developer, should act like that towards any member of this community. If they had opened up to us that they were staff, we would've cooperated with them fully, but they've decided to disregard that and harass us into incriminating ourselves towards a ban reason. We just wanted to start an organization within the server that involves heavily with serious roleplay but, that was ripped away from us due to the fact that staff members didn't even tell us that they were staff got butthurt at us because we responded back to them as dickheads. All we were doing was trying to take a photo for our organization, nothing else. We haven't done anything that would count towards a serious metagaming violation, I:E, Raids, Robbery, Murder, etc.

I am sorry for the metagaming, If I was talked by a staff member properly and professionally, I would've handled myself appropriately, but I am not sorry for the other reasons me & my group were banned for.

Additional Information: People Involved: Nervous Man (Ivan Karlosky), jackkerr3510 (Jackson Scott), Patrivs (Tessak Martsinkevich).

Evidence:

Reaction score
So what rule of the ban are you disputing here?

Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Ellie, Sindarin
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Months

Your Steam Name: Patrivs
Your Roleplay Name: Tessak Martsinkevich
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:244184884

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 1.1, 1.2, 3.2

Why should this appeal be considered?: I feel as if the ban that was given to me & my friend was unjust in the way it was handled.

To start, I am willing to accept a punishment for Metagaming however, it is highly likely that other groups/shops that use Discord as a means to communicate whether IC'ly or not on the server. I am also willing to give ownership of the discord to a member of UA/Management to oversee it. Secondly, I feel as if the disrespectful behavior reason was unjust, as Sindarid came up to me and my group with Ellie in Discord and harassed us for "Metagaming". And in the clip, he somehow "randomly" found us at the store we were at and continued to harass us over said reason, which breaks rules 1.4 & 1.1. He didn't tell us that he or Ellie were a part of the Servers team and continued to harass us, Me and my other buddy do the reasonable thing in our eyes (it may not be to others) but we act like dickheads back to him & Ellie since he wanted to not act like an adult in a situation that wasn't even brought to a staff situation. If either of them would've come up to us in a civilized manner and talked to us like adults, we would have cooperated with them. The discrimination/misogyny reason is unjust as it was taken out the wrong way. I told Ellie as we're being harassed by both of them that I quote "Don't talk to women". It's not misogynistic to not talk to women, I am affirming that I do not talk to women at all. No warnings were issued to me or my buddy at any point during that situation, the only person that was in the call that was warned for was jackkerr3510, and he was warned for the same reason my friend Nervous Man was banned for, "3.2".

After I was banned, Sindarid and Ellie continued to harass Nervous Man and Jackker by breaking rules 1.4 & 1.1. Nervous Man wanted to know exactly why I was banned and why I wasn't warned, and she said it was for Misogyny. And directly after that, she immediately bans Nervous Man instead of giving him a warning for metagaming like Jackker was. Another note to add was that as Nervous Man was banned, there wasn't a reason listed for him until a few minutes after the ban was given, it was updated on the forums.

To end it off, I again am willing to accept a warn or even a week ban for metagaming, but I'm not going to tolerate other reasons & the absolute unprofessionalism from Ellie and Sindarid on how they handled this. No staff member, especially a Senior Moderator & Developer, should act like that towards any member of this community. If they had opened up to us that they were staff, we would've cooperated with them fully, but they've decided to disregard that and harass us into incriminating ourselves towards a ban reason. We just wanted to start an organization within the server that involves heavily with serious roleplay but, that was ripped away from us due to the fact that staff members didn't even tell us that they were staff got butthurt at us because we responded back to them as dickheads. All we were doing was trying to take a photo for our organization, nothing else. We haven't done anything that would count towards a serious metagaming violation, I:E, Raids, Robbery, Murder, etc.

I am sorry for the metagaming, If I was talked by a staff member properly and professionally, I would've handled myself appropriately, but I am not sorry for the other reasons me & my group were banned for.

Additional Information: People Involved: Nervous Man (Ivan Karlosky), jackkerr3510 (Jackson Scott), Patrivs (Tessak Martsinkevich).

Evidence:
I'm also going to mention that as right before I was banned, Sindarid decided to lash out and call me a "Pussy". No member of a community who holds a position of power should ever lash out at a community member like that. There is absolutely no reason to do that, even if you are belittled.

Reaction score

If you believe that any of the staff members involved acted improperly beyond the issuance of this ban you are welcome to make a staff complaint.

As for the actual ban, you very clearly attempted to mock @Ellie's voice when she asked you if you knew what metagaming was, which is a undeniable breach of 1.1 and dismissing her involvement in the conversation based on her being a woman is clearly a misogynistic act, thus breaching 1.2.

Reviewed with @3izu

Status
Not open for further replies.