Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: ellie
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Day

Your Steam Name: Tomfoolery (Selvey)
Your Roleplay Name: Jake Selvey
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:150700629

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4 - Continuously punched a cop for no reason after staff told his friend they're getting a warning for 3.4.

Why should this appeal be considered?: Firstly, the police officer was my friend, me and 2 other friends were hitting him as a joke. I hit him 1-2 times doing no damage. Both of the others who started it didn't get banned.

It says I was warned but I was revived and instantly banned.

I've played this server for like 2 years and I don't think I should be punished for such a silly thing.

Reaction score

The evidence provided to us clearly shows that you violated rule 3.4.

In rule 3.4, it clearly states that any action involving risk to your life or freedom must be done realistically. For instance, punching an officer as a joke, with no potential reward or benefits, undoubtedly leads to you being arrested with nothing to gain at all.

3.4 Putting your Life at Risk​

Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general well being at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons.

This rule is specifically relevant to the violation of any In-Character law, meaning that murders, thefts, etc, are all expected to be conducted realistically;

A few common examples of unreasonable risks includes, but is not limited to:

• Running on the highway without a justifiable reason
  • Loitering around the vicinity of a shootout you are not a part of or being within the line of fire from both intentional and accidental fire. Users must flee the scene of a shootout and wait for police to clear the scene and reopen the area to the public. This applies regardless of you being restrained or not.
  • Murdering a police officer(s) to avoid yourself or others receiving a minor punishment, such as a small ticket or a minor jail sentence
  • Loitering around the scene of a crime you committed with the intention of engaging in more combat
  • To not comply with reasonable orders given under the direct threat of a lethal weapon pointed at you, such as a mugging.
  • Committing a violent or serious crime, such as murder, theft, arson, etc. whilst knowing that police are in direct eyeshot of the scene you wish to commit the crime at.
  • After committing a crime, relevant precautions should be taken to avoid arrest or police attention, such as avoiding public places.

Some valid reasons to kill police officers include:

• Risk of a long prison sentence
  • Preventing the imminent detection of drug production.
  • Committing a violent crime police would reasonably use lethal force to apprehend you for.

Rules apply to everyone, even if you are friends with the officer. In this case, you have broken the rules regardless of your relationship.

Reviewed with @peeps and @Nazeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.