Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Megasaw
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Day

Your Steam Name: bioswales
Your Roleplay Name: Harold Flower
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:47578262

Why were you punished?: 3.4, 4.1; Running a player over with my ambulance while in shootout zone.

Why should this appeal be considered?: - The cuffed player was not visible behind the large vehicle, I had no way of knowing that he was there until my life was in jeopardy.
- My responsibility as medic is to exit the area of the shootout, and I made best effort to do so as soon as it erupted- however was stopped by the person behind my ambulance- who I thought was given ample opportunity to leave that space.
- The person claimed they were running away however just opted to sit behind my vehicle- even when presented with a chance to leave the back of my vehicle- making it impossible for me to leave unless I went closer toward the shootout. (Not happening, I just assumed by then they were shit-talking and trying to bait me into getting killed- which was why I had been so callous as to just keep going afterward.).
- Before the shootout took place I was already in my vehicle attempting to back up and retrieve the body I had just placed near the street (Preparation seen earlier in the video)
- Only noticed later on, I realized in retrospect that in the demo/playback, the moderator issuing the ban appears to be quite emotionally charged regarding their situation before our interaction.

Additional Information: The incident is far from how it is described in the ban that was provided; which seems to have the intent of villainizing me however possible. I've never had an incident and given the situation and its circumstances I thought the ban was rather excessive. I can be the first to admit that there could've been steps taken on my behalf to keep all people involved safer but there was little to no effort in proper adjudication outside of being immediately kicked/banned. I will accept accountability for running them over- but I will not pretend that it was without (What I assumed to be) an understandable reason.

Off topic, you can see me struggle for the first few moments while in the ambulance. I usually leave the vehicle on and forgot I had turned it off- please pardon any confusion in the matter.

-I apologize for the use of a discord link in the evidence tab; however my other mediums of posting videos is limited. If you have trouble viewing it and do not wish to download it, it can be pasted in any discord DM/Server and viewed without issue.

Reaction score

After re-watching my point of view, it is clear that getting into your vehicle and leaving the area was the most appropriate response. I originally thought your car was getting shot at by other players, however, the demo shows that it was in fact not the case.

Your ban will be removed from your record and you will be unbanned, apologies for the inconvenience.