Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Oddy
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Permanent

Your Steam Name: Zac
Your Roleplay Name: Bobby Sandimanie
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:115193645

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: Cheating

Why should this appeal be considered?: I was banned for cheating even though I have never cheated on this server whatsoever except for accidentally joining once in june. I do however have a good idea on why I may of been banned for this and understand completely why it was taken as cheating. I was in the reports menu curious and bored so I decided to see if the reports menu had a character limit. in the process of doing that I overflowed the net message that handles report messages and caused an error that will be in additional information. When I caused this error for some reason it opened up the report to every player on the server and the ticket was created by me so I assume the admin took this as me "hacking" the server and reported it or a developer noticed my client error either way I was not cheating.

Additional Information: [ERROR] Trying to send an overflowed net message!

1. DoClick - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/scam/gui/reports.lua:358
2. unknown - lua/vgui/dlabel.lua:237

ish

After reviewing some stuff it has been concluded you were not cheating, however, as you did continue after seeing it caused issues you will still have a extension of a week to your original ban for 2.3

Reviewed with @TinySlayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back