Being able to change your forum name

Reaction score
Topic: Being able to change your forum name

Short explanation (in notes):
-Being able to change your forum name without asking a member of senior administration.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Because it's just an annoying thing to do- You want to change your name, OK! You go into "Personal Details" and then try and change your name, but guess what.
There's no option!
You ask how to do it in a thread or in the shoutbox, and everybody tells you to talk to senior administration.
You do that, and the message only gets noticed 3-9 days later.
It would be a LOT easier if you could just do it yourself instead, via the Personal Details page.
Obviously the rules would apply to names aswell.
To stop abuse, there'd be a timer from when you can change your name. Possibly 30 days, which can be skipped if a mod dissapproves of the name.
Optional additions:
- I dunno, fonts? I don't really have any ideas other than the above.

Last edited:
Reaction score
People might change them to something completely stupid like @PCTyla, of course we have a staff team to handle it but you know could become a bit mingey if I am honest.

Reaction score
Maybe if you were able to change your name once every 30 DAYS OR SO.
That'd stop any abuse.
And if nob-heads do abuse it, break them, I mean ban them from changing it.

Reaction score
When i got my name changed, Moron had changed my name before i even finished writing the post to tell people i have changed my name. It was quite annoying actually because i wrote in the post that it would be happening soon but as soon as i posted it, it had been done. So i feel there is some slight exaggeration here and if you're currently trying to change your name... Moron is on holiday so that's why it's been a couple of days.
It's not really needed to be honest and there's a reason why we can't change our own names.

Reaction score
T'was on another forum some time ago and there was a feature in the account management area where you could request to change your name and it had to be approved by staff. To avoid abuse there was a change limit of like 3 times a year or something.

I'd like it.

Reaction score
Maybe return helper and make things like this their duties :kappa: