BONELAB

Reaction score
Saving for it now, have a Quest 2 so gonna play it there! Hear many good things and that it's massively better then BWorks, so excited!

Reaction score
Well my friend bought the game, and we spent some time tougether to assess if I should buy it aswell, and here are our conclusions:
1. Games price is fine, we were expecting it to be more expensive, but it makes sense. If they want to build modding community, the game still has to be affordable(for a VR game)
2. The core game lacks content for now, which kinda makes sense as well - as it is available on oculus store itself, and the community is focused towards mods, the game cant take up 50gb of space itself. Although we were hoping for some more content
3. As we were developing some mods for GMOD we were hoping to gain easy access to modding tools immediately, although I couldnt find any info on their availability 1-2 hours after release, which is a big disappointment.
4. The physics and playermodel, weapons and implemented stuff and props are working fine, which is a good sign, although the game is not well optimized, and on GeForce 3060Ti with Ryzen 5 5800x he managed to get around 80-90 fps, with stutters, which suck big time
5. I dont really understand why the devs didnt add OOTB multiplayer support, as modders managed to add it to boneworks. The official one would be better, for sure.

The conclusion is: I will not buy the game as of yet, ill wait for some modding content to see its capabilities. My friend will not cross the 2hr playtime, for the refund to be available. We still have high hopes tho

Reaction score
Saving for it now, have a Quest 2 so gonna play it there! Hear many good things and that it's massively better then BWorks, so excited!
Its even worth to buy oculus for Pavlov, as for now the modding community managed to create almost 1:1 copy of gmod darkRP to it, and it works just fine, although the game itself looks like it was abandonned by the devs, which is very sad. There are many more games to play and enjoy, and to just experience VR, i am sure you will even enjoy it in free games on steam or oculus store.

Reaction score
Its even worth to buy oculus for Pavlov, as for now the modding community managed to create almost 1:1 copy of gmod darkRP to it, and it works just fine,
lmfao rely on bored 20-somethings to recreate a near 1:1 VR equalivanet of their fav game.

I was able to score Pavlov for free from Sidequest, and it's never given me an issue! I've seen the price elsewhere, unsure if I'd get anything out of it

Reaction score
Well my friend bought the game, and we spent some time tougether to assess if I should buy it aswell, and here are our conclusions:
1. Games price is fine, we were expecting it to be more expensive, but it makes sense. If they want to build modding community, the game still has to be affordable(for a VR game)
2. The core game lacks content for now, which kinda makes sense as well - as it is available on oculus store itself, and the community is focused towards mods, the game cant take up 50gb of space itself. Although we were hoping for some more content
3. As we were developing some mods for GMOD we were hoping to gain easy access to modding tools immediately, although I couldnt find any info on their availability 1-2 hours after release, which is a big disappointment.
4. The physics and playermodel, weapons and implemented stuff and props are working fine, which is a good sign, although the game is not well optimized, and on GeForce 3060Ti with Ryzen 5 5800x he managed to get around 80-90 fps, with stutters, which suck big time
5. I dont really understand why the devs didnt add OOTB multiplayer support, as modders managed to add it to boneworks. The official one would be better, for sure.

The conclusion is: I will not buy the game as of yet, ill wait for some modding content to see its capabilities. My friend will not cross the 2hr playtime, for the refund to be available. We still have high hopes tho
just let your friend know the policy for steam refunds are a week or so so if he wants to wait he can't wait too long. I see where you're coming from and I must say I was stunlocked when I was trying out the campaign then I was forced to try minigames or side games instead to continue my campaign. It's an extremely strange mechanic and I won't spoil anything about it for anybody wanting to buy BONELAB but just a heads up that it's a very trippy game (for a lack of a better term).

Reaction score
lmfao rely on bored 20-somethings to recreate a near 1:1 VR equalivanet of their fav game.

I was able to score Pavlov for free from Sidequest, and it's never given me an issue! I've seen the price elsewhere, unsure if I'd get anything out of it
Pavlov on sidequest is missing like 3/4s of what makes Pavlov awesome. Pavlov sure can be fun when you play core game modes but from what I know as a Quest 1 and 2 owner myself that neither headset is capable of handling mod support to the degree PCVR with Link can. Therefore you're missing out on Jailbreak, Salamis RP (Dark RP), Hidden, Clowns vs Humans (zombie gamemode with human players), Custom zombie escapes, Escape From Pavlov (EFT but Pavlov) and probably way more.

Pavlov in my opinion, if you have a PCVR capable computer and a quest headset, a definitive must-buy just due to the variety of gameplay as well as how optimized it is because no matter what I always ran it smoothly regardless of what mod I download or server I joined.

Reaction score
Pavlov on sidequest is missing like 3/4s of what makes Pavlov awesome. Pavlov sure can be fun when you play core game modes but from what I know as a Quest 1 and 2 owner myself that neither headset is capable of handling mod support to the degree PCVR with Link can. Therefore you're missing out on Jailbreak, Salamis RP (Dark RP), Hidden, Clowns vs Humans (zombie gamemode with human players), Custom zombie escapes, Escape From Pavlov (EFT but Pavlov) and probably way more.

Pavlov in my opinion, if you have a PCVR capable computer and a quest headset, a definitive must-buy just due to the variety of gameplay as well as how optimized it is because no matter what I always ran it smoothly regardless of what mod I download or server I joined.
That's impressive, I never knew! I mainly have just been playing the zombie gamemode it came with, and mainly TTT! I'll put it on the list and come back soon!

Reaction score
Yeah to be honest the only reason to buy a headset atm is PCVR, as many many games that can be as well installed on quest itself, lack many of the PCVR features. Dont be afraid of people talking about the downs of quest 2. When I was buying people all around the internet were saying that the only way to play PCVR is via a cable. Thats bullshit and there are now many ways to enjoy PCVR without a cable. To play on quest 2 you need probably a router near a PC, and mediocre specs, like mine: rtx2060, ryzen 5 5600x, and like 16gb of ddr4 ram (i got 32).

Reaction score
Yeah to be honest the only reason to buy a headset atm is PCVR, as many many games that can be as well installed on quest itself, lack many of the PCVR features. Dont be afraid of people talking about the downs of quest 2. When I was buying people all around the internet were saying that the only way to play PCVR is via a cable. Thats bullshit and there are now many ways to enjoy PCVR without a cable. To play on quest 2 you need probably a router near a PC, and mediocre specs, like mine: rtx2060, ryzen 5 5600x, and like 16gb of ddr4 ram (i got 32).
I find airlink which is what your refer to as reserved for short lived sessions (2 hours or under) however still worth the experience if you know you're not playing for long, even if you decide half-way through you want to play longer I suggest what is described below.

Not only that but as I said already you can use Link.

I had used my charging cable along with a USB C to USB 3.0 adapter for the longest to play Link using the Oculust app which is a way to use a quest headset to play PCVR just like any other PCVR headset but with a catch. The catch is your quest is still dependent on a battery unlike a PCVR-only one. To fix this I had to truly know I enjoyed VR then I decided to search, I found this item:

In theory if your headset is not being supplied enough power from the computer connection due to it being a minor amount. I used this tech to make it so not only is it receiving charge from my pc but a separate cable directly connects to a wall or extension cable outlet that uses the big brick which comes with my quest 1 to charge (you may use any big brick that connects a USB-C) to charge your headset at an extremely fast rate which for me has caused the headset to go UP or remain stagnant in it's charge no matter how long I play. Basically this mod will turn your Quest 2 into a full-fledged hybrid as your hours of pcvr will now instead of being 4 hours without become unlimited.

Reaction score
I find airlink which is what your refer to as reserved for short lived sessions (2 hours or under).

Not only that but as I said already you can use Link.

I had used my charging cable along with a USB C to USB 3.0 adapter for the longest to play Link using the Oculust app which is a way to use a quest headset to play PCVR just like any other PCVR headset but with a catch. The catch is your quest is still dependent on a battery unlike a PCVR-only one. To fix this I had to truly know I enjoyed VR then I decided to search, I found this item:

In theory if your headset is not being supplied enough power from the computer connection due to it being a minor amount. I used this tech to make it so not only is it receiving charge from my pc but a separate cable directly connects to a wall or extension cable outlet that uses the big brick which comes with my quest 1 to charge (you may use any big brick that connects a USB-C) to charge your headset at an extremely fast rate which for me has caused the headset to go UP or remain stagnant in it's charge no matter how long I play. Basically this mod will turn your Quest 2 into a full-fledged hybrid as your hours of pcvr will now instead of being 4 hours without become unlimited.
I am actually using Virtual Desktop, and use a 20000mah powerbank in my pocket for long time of playtime.

Reaction score
I am actually using Virtual Desktop, and use a 20000mah powerbank in my pocket for long time of playtime.
I own Virtual Desktop but I heard and read that Airlink actually has way more advantages than Virtual Desktop. Nevertheless I'd say the wireless option still is more expensive as it requires ideally for little to no delay for the player to have Wifi-6 (expensive router), low wifi usage so it's reserved for himself as he plays and a stronger PC.

Logically speaking when you play PCVR through link all you're doing is connecting the screen to your headset. If you're doing it wireless your computer has to stream the game on your PC, run it and stream it to your headset ALL at the same time which is much less accessible when compared to the Link although if pulled off correctly can be astonishing as well as better in some cases.

Reaction score
I have 5ghz wifi, which works perfectly fine without any stuttering or issues.
I semi-agree because I also have a 5ghz network so I know what it's like. The only problem is the expense on your required specs in your pc to operate a smooth experience on all games combined with the less than ideal experience we get when compared with Wifi-6.

We may ourselves think it is perfectly fine (which I believe it to be decent) just the same as people who used to think the HTC Vive was the best thing ever in 2016. Although I am willing to guess if we were to experience Wifi-6 we wouldn't want to go back to 5ghz. This doesn't take away from the fact it's still fine to use just that it clarifies that it's not ideal or devoid of "stuttering or issues." It also lacks the unlimited play time the mod on link provides however this can be easily countered with "most people don't sit on vr for longer than 8 hours." Which while true even then I do personally still like to have the option.

Reaction score
boneworks was fucking awesome so i’m looking forward to forking over 30 quid at some point and playing this