Bug Report (Chop Shop vehicle showed up as the same car owned by the thief)

Reaction score
Type of Bug: Lua

Description of the Bug: Chop Shop vehicle showed up as the same car owned by the thief

How to reproduce the Bug: Not really sure if this can be reproduced.

Alex Lopez stole his chop shop car. When I searched the cars record it shows up as belonging to him and even shows up in police computer in the list of his vehicles.
It makes the whole thing confusing, especially if you don't knowing it was chop shop or that he was the thief.

Time Stamp: circa 12:05 bst

Media:
02qRl8d.png

Upvote 1
Reaction score
I can confirm that this was 100% a chop shop car as the location was updating while I was assigned to the incident.

Reaction score
This also shows up with a godstick, I'm not sure this is a bug but rather an oversight in development, maybe make it some random character with no contact details just to be able to tell that the thief isn't the owner of the vehicle.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I've seen chop shop vehicles that to my knowledge work properly and are actually "owned" by another player. This was first, where the car showed up as owned by a person, who in reality never owned that vehicle.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I can confirm that this was 100% a chop shop car as the location was updating while I was assigned to the incident.
Oh, I'm sure it was, becuase instead of it being impounded I impounded Alex's actual car haha.