Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Event Name:
Business (time)
Location of Event:
Server wide.
Description of Event:
Preannounced in advance, business day / weekend will be the following:
- The event is announced in enough time for users to stock up on items. (several days)
- Once the event officially begins, all NPC owned properties will become player purchasable, and all shop NPC's vanish.
- Players now own the whole economy for the duration of the event.

Why should this event be added?:
Could encourage more people to establish long time businesses.​

Reaction score
Tiny slayer will be swinging from a rope but i think this would be cool as fuck, although i think there should be a limit as the richest players can buy all of them and i think you need to elaborate more on how this will work.

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
This would be quite nice to see. Would have us players interact at a more serious level than what we do today. A little timeout from all the shootouts and raids.

Would love to see this one day, if it somehow is possible to be done.

However, we should make sure the richest players do not occupy all of the stores, and make sure newers players are given a chance to compete at the same level.

Overall, I am very much for this idea/event to be implemented.

Reaction score
That sounds nice as hell, imagine how great my gas station would be then, holy hell.

Requires a shit load of coding tho, maybe they should only let it be done with certain stores; uncle cos n' other sorts of RP inducing locations like gas stations and pubs.

Imagine that; a pub role-play where some dude drinks too much beer and an entire fight breaks out, that'd be a nice RP to see, especially if you can grab the chair with your fists n' throw it at people, ragdolling them.

Reaction score
Good idea, but I can't imagine many people actively taking part in this. Especially due to the current way people play PH

Reaction score
Yall just want tiny to be a depressed 30 year old man who spends the bulk of his day crying over lua code for a garrys mod community

this seems like a lot of work and while it’s a really cool idea, is it worth it?

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Yall just want tiny to be a depressed 30 year old man who spends the bulk of his day crying over lua code for a garrys mod community

this seems like a lot of work and while it’s a really cool idea, is it worth it?
In the long run, I'd say it is worth it, both for the old playerbase, and newer players. I would be great to see something else rather than cops and robbers, shootouts and raids 24/7.

It may be a lot of work, but thats where you step in! ;)

Reaction score
Maybe even just give the option to be able to buy property's like Gas Station, Pub, Roadcrew, etc 24/7. Huge base price too buy, have a set income so you would make your money back in idk like two-three hours of owning properties. Then keep NPC's there. Still lots of room for a lot more roleplay with this option, it would even be permanent and not needed for an event to be started to make this a option. Feel like this option could be a lot more realistic for them to implement as well.

Reaction score
Maybe even just give the option to be able to buy property's like Gas Station, Pub, Roadcrew, etc 24/7. Huge base price too buy, have a set income so you would make your money back in idk like two-three hours of owning properties. Then keep NPC's there. Still lots of room for a lot more roleplay with this option, it would even be permanent and not needed for an event to be started to make this a option. Feel like this option could be a lot more realistic for them to implement as well.
I think this is a great idea, don't get me wrong. Right now, I would support people doing this without a system in place to purchase these shops. However, I feel that entirely replacing the NPC may become problematic. Could players change prices of items? What happens if someone refuses to sell items? Will there be rules in place to protect against this? Just some questions that I think should be answered when suggesting something!

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea, don't get me wrong. Right now, I would support people doing this without a system in place to purchase these shops. However, I feel that entirely replacing the NPC may become problematic. Could players change prices of items? What happens if someone refuses to sell items? Will there be rules in place to protect against this? Just some questions that I think should be answered when suggesting something!

I think it would be fine to deny a customer, as it can promote others to sell food as well. People could make more money from fishing and such if there is more need from players to buy it. Probably best to have a rule in place for other stores such as gas station that sells items you can only get from a certain store.

Main concern with this is if a player owns a store and goes AFK, will there be an option to have an NPC there?

Reaction score
I honestly dont think thislll work that well in the current state of the server. Great idea but I think there needs to be some work on a few different aspects of the server. Talking RP, mostly passive.

Reaction score
People will most likely just wait for event to pass or buy what they need at 0% instead and I highly doubt there's gonna be anyone selling the 0% price materials that NPCs would normally have. People will not roleplay or spend their time if there's no money involved. Majority of the server doesn't really care about that kind of roleplay in general, unless it earns them a good amount of in-game cash, which this probably wont. Forcing it onto players will most likely just yield negative reactions or, more likely, they will simply ignore it, except a few people here and there and/or staff members trying to push it by probably engaging into some sort of buying from these normally NPC-owned properties.
The current server playerbase simply isn't into roleplay which doesn't involve shooting/raiding, or one that yields a lot of money, and that's okay, but that just means this event will never work.

Status
Not open for further replies.