C2'ing doors

Reaction score
Topic: Tweaking the doors

Blue = Edit

Short explanation (in notes):
- Blowing a door in damages a player standing behind it or even kills the player.
- The door collides for the first 3 seconds then no-collides to prevent bugs and laggy walking when walking on the door.
Back in the days doors were props meaning they could be moved around when blown away, although I can see why this was removed as for people walking around with doors and also the fact that it blocked people, and what if this guy decides to not speak and no one can see him, they leave him and there he is Behind a door stuck.
- C2 will hurt a player if standing very close to it.
- Can not pick up the doors that have been blown off its hinges with fists.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Well at the moment only props can collide with the door, the feature of being hit by the door when blown in plays a big part in raids. I had this one time where someone were standing directly behind the door, it got blown in and he didn't even move an inch from the door getting blown off its hinges and onto him, instead it just went through him.

This is highly unrealistic as doors DO collide when closed/opened and are opening/closing, the player gets pushed whenever it's opening/closing, the same should happen to a player that gets hit by one of the doors being blown off its hinges.

Also a player standing extremely close to a C2 should damage the player a little, not much. But this IS an explosive and it DOES deal damage to doors, but since this is a controlled charge it should only perform a small amount of damage to a player since it's not an explosion that is 360 degrees.

Optional additions:
- Add an option to remove debris (client sided) after a certain amount of time to reduce lag in the F1 menu.
- Debris (doors for example) gets removed/respawned 2x faster than normal
-

Last edited:
Reaction score
+support, i feel this would help in raids when there is a hostage situation as the SWAT would [hopefully] be more careful, as the door could potentially kill a hostage. On top of this there is no real reason not to have this added, you summed it up perfectly in your post.

Reaction score
I have to agree with this even with the smallest charge you would get shrapnal from the door so this changes SWAT breaching tactics.

Reaction score
Wasn't this a thing before? I think it got removed for a reason

Reaction score
As far as i know the door used to kill players behind it. I Remember doing that once. Not sure if it got removed? Anyway i'd like it in. It would add more realism instead of having to move the door around to get in as SWAT

+Support

Reaction score
Back in the days doors were props meaning they could be moved around when blown away, although I can see why this was removed as for people walking around with doors and also the fact that it blocked people, and what if this guy decides to not speak and no one can see him, they leave him and there he is Behind a door stuck.