Server Suggestion Cancelling animations by pressing something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Cancelling animations by pressing something
Suggestion Description: Be able to cancel things like dancing, picking up guns, storing guns, applying heavy tfu gear, taking items when mugging.

Why should this be added?:
- It adds realism
- If you are mid doing one of these animations and start getting shot at you are literally a standing target.

What negatives could this have?:
- Could be a bit OP for some things
- None else I'm sure of

Reaction score
I agree with this, The other day I was mid taking someone's items and couldn't cancel when someone came in behind me! I made myself look like a right knob.

Reaction score
Removes the funny from when a dumb criminal accidentally surrenders while trying to gunpoint, many good memories. But yes! The best part and most impactful overall would probably be the effect on cops like telling a guy to stop picking up the gun instead of awkwardly waiting to him to hold it to tell him to drop it.

Reaction score
Good idea, even if only to get out of certain emote animations. Able to cancel picking up guns can possibly save many lives lol.

Reaction score
As long as surrender isn’t cancellable. Surrender shouldn’t be cancellable since it’d just encourage players to drop weapons and then pick them up instantly.

Reaction score
I believe animations (ACT/activity) functions are not really possible to be cancelled due to the game engine. I think?

Developer team could have implemented it already if that was really possible, imo.

Reaction score
I feel like this has been suggested in the past?
If not, this is a great idea, would add some realism and flexibility to our actions

Reaction score
The first part of this is done. Emotes can now be cancelled by pressing C again while emoting (except for surrendering due to gameplay implications).
The other part, cancelling picking up weapons, might be added in a future update.

Reaction score

This has already been done, not all the actions are cancellable but that can be quickly changed, if you see an action that needs changing just message me or something

Status
Not open for further replies.