Server Suggestion Remove ability to cancel reload anim before new round is fed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Remove ability to cancel reload anim before new round is fed
Suggestion Description: Remove the ability to cancel reload animation before feeding a new round into the chamber. Force the animation to play entirely so you don't pull out random guns with full magazines but no round in the chamber.

Why should this be added?:
- This killed me today and it made me angry

What negatives could this have?:
- You have to wait .25 seconds before an animation is over

Useful Images:
d99b6dd01d0973dca65fc6c99a71ccef.png

Reaction score
Alternatively, have the player rechamber a round instead of firing, or have them finish the animation upon raising the weapon again.

Reaction score
Maybe having the animation work all the time too. Whenever I'm crafting a bunch of guns and I go to load them for the first time before putting them away, it'll play the first load animation, and then just... not load a magazine, at all, which means I then have to 'reload' again. Granted this doesn't happen all the time, but more often than not, and usually after it working properly like, three times or so.
With reference to this tragedy that has befallen Collier, I don't get why animations can be interrupted like that, all it does it cause issues.

Reaction score
Maybe having the animation work all the time too. Whenever I'm crafting a bunch of guns and I go to load them for the first time before putting them away, it'll play the first load animation, and then just... not load a magazine, at all, which means I then have to 'reload' again. Granted this doesn't happen all the time, but more often than not, and usually after it working properly like, three times or so.
With reference to this tragedy that has befallen Collier, I don't get why animations can be interrupted like that, all it does it cause issues.
happens basically every time for me, its annoying af

Reaction score
This is still a VERY prevalent and SUPREMELY annoying thing and may or may not have gotten me killed minutes before writing this. I want to at least be able to know if my gun is going to fire without taking a leap of faith every time.

Reaction score
I totally agree with this suggestion, you should not be able to cancel the reload animation as a QoL update!

I am totally not mad after canceling this animation and dying :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
The worst part is that it usually happens with snipers (AS50/M82), when it happens the gun clicks and doesn't shoot at all even tho when I press Q it tells me I have 5 bullets. So I have to reload it again, definitely need this stuff sorted got me killed 3 times so far.

Reaction score
Definitely need some way to combat this, been killed many times due to this.

Reaction score
People out here say this is for realism then you see mfs using AK and holding a phone with the other hand, remove this terrible feature

Reaction score
This has literally never happened to me before, probably because I don't do e-sports like movements to get seconds of advantage to my opponent by cancelling animations like CS:GO (although there it doesnt give any benefit). Wait for the animation to fully play out and you'll be fine but I admit that something like this should be adressed and fixed if others are suffering.

Reaction score
People out here say this is for realism then you see mfs using AK and holding a phone with the other hand, remove this terrible feature
That's true, holding an ak and a phone whilst firing isn't realistic in the slightest.

Reaction score
I was going to post a similar suggestion at some point but figured will just post it in here since it fits the current.

Reload overhaul:

There is also the other issue that people face mid combat. When the player loads a half empty/almost empty mag back into the gun by accident and not being able to switch weapons or cancel the animation before it's too late. What I'm thinking and it might be too complicated to code, is the ability to click or press a key to interrupt the ongoing animation and play it in reverse, pulling the magazine back out the gun (of course before the bolt was charged). The reverse animation is somewhat irrelevant to this but is apart of the bigger overhaul which includes staged reloads (More relevant and beneficial to this suggestion)

The way this could work is similar to the game (Insurgency Sandstorm) where gun reloads are in stages and continue when you pull the gun back out or when you press the reload key after re-equipping.

Examples of the stages would be;

Eject magazine (Stage 1) > Magazine leaves FOV making the gun temporarily empty (Stage 2) > Loading new magazine (Stage 3) > Rack slide/bolt (Stage 4)

So if the player decides to switch weapons mid way through stage 2, he will switch back to a weapon with an empty magazine. On stage 4 however to fix Colliers suggestion it could go in two ways;

1. You can't cancel or switch weapons once stage 4 has commenced

2. If the player switches back to the weapon when its not primed, then stage 4 of the animation will automatically play when the weapon is equipped (Similar to how arcade shooters do it when you pick up another players dropped weapon).

Examples:
*VOLUME WARNING SHOOTING GUNS*
(It can be less complicated than this but the general idea)

(Finishing the stage 4 animation when re-equipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.