Cannot play demos at all. It's completely broken & I can't fix this by myself, Console Command Blocked *(PlayDemo)* need this shit unblocked ASAFP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I had the same issues as you and would get the same error as you in the console. I managed to find a workaround for it.

Type demoui in console and press enter, then click load in the top left corner of the demoui tab, locate your demos folder in the garrysmod directory (SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\demos\) and press open on the demo file you would wish to play.

Let me know if this worked for you.

Update: Garrysmod just pushed a new update that should have fixed this fully, no longer any need to bypass it with demoui.
Reaction score
I’m not proposing a fix but I’m proposing some possible methods you can try:

1) restarting your game

2) using a PH Demo from your own PHDemos data folder than moving it into the demos file in garrysmod

3)running gmod as administrator

4) typing sv_cheats 1 in console

5) joining Perpheads (even if you’re banned) before playing the demo

6) deleting all the content files for Perpheads and redownloading them to make sure non are corrupted.

Reaction score
  1. Move demo from PHDemos in your GMod data folder to your GMod demo folder
  2. Open Demo Menu
  3. Find demo in demo menu
  4. Click play
Don't try and do it anywhere other then the menu

Reaction score
I had the same issues as you and would get the same error as you in the console. I managed to find a workaround for it.

Type demoui in console and press enter, then click load in the top left corner of the demoui tab, locate your demos folder in the garrysmod directory (SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\demos\) and press open on the demo file you would wish to play.

Let me know if this worked for you.

Update: Garrysmod just pushed a new update that should have fixed this fully, no longer any need to bypass it with demoui.

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.