Server Suggestion Car radio upgrade

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Car radio upgrade
Suggestion Description: With this upgrade, you are able to play YouTube links utilising the radio system instead of having people play their own music down the microphone. This can be purchasable at the customisation NPC.

Why should this be added?:
- People do not need to use third party programs to play music while cruising or being chased
- Less mic spam

What negatives could this have?:
- Potential misuse which are similar to TV’s, which can be tackled by logging what link is being played, should someone start playing ear rape or some dumb shit

Reaction score
It'd be good. Now i know people are gonna be like BUH ABOOOSE! Well my response to that is we have admins for a reason and alot of this risk comes from sperm/sweaters spamming. Locking behind price is easy as its really hard to get money on here early on. Abuse can be dealt with by a permanent global lockout of the upgrade that they can appeal on the forums.

The ability to turn off custom radio streams would solve an annoyance problem as its users choice if they want to hear them or just the ingame radio. I was on a server with this ability and it was great. They did dropbox import but yt link is safer.

Reaction score
It'd be good. Now i know people are gonna be like BUH ABOOOSE!

Well to be honest, There's not much difference between a YouTube car radio and a TV, They both will be the same and both have the same extent of misuse, I know alternatively people can shoot the TV in which results into the video to stop playing, However, if you're driving around the map misusing it, You're bound to come across a Staff Member who will take care of it.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Well to be honest, There's not much difference between a YouTube car radio and a TV, They both will be the same and both have the same extent of misuse, I know alternatively people can shoot the TV in which results into the video to stop playing, However, if you're driving around the map misusing it, You're bound to come across a Staff Member who will take care of it.
Oh I know its just I know someone is going to go BUT SWEATERS ABUSING or something even if its price locked for them and this is an awnser to that as its bad reasoning.

Reaction score
This would be perfect, then I could break the speed limit listening to metal without the fear of nickelback playing suddenly

Reaction score
This gonna be me when this is added.

Nah but honestly I can't see this going well at all. If it plays for everyone, (which it should, otherwise what's the point?) then people are gonna be driving around with the most heinous and obscene shit on the radio. Also youtube streaming takes up more bandwidth than a radio stream, so it'd cause people with shit internet (me) to lag the fuck out as I'm loading several different youtube videos one after another as I drive past people and have to listen to their shitty radio. I have TVs disabled most of the time for this exact reason.

Reaction score
This gonna be me when this is added.

Nah but honestly I can't see this going well at all. If it plays for everyone, (which it should, otherwise what's the point?) then people are gonna be driving around with the most heinous and obscene shit on the radio. Also youtube streaming takes up more bandwidth than a radio stream, so it'd cause people with shit internet (me) to lag the fuck out as I'm loading several different youtube videos one after another as I drive past people and have to listen to their shitty radio. I have TVs disabled most of the time for this exact reason.
Could maybe work with a free music streaming platform like soundcloud or deezer. Would fix the bandwidth shit and deezer has only actual music and people couldnt just troll with earrape and shit