Server Suggestion Additional Car Upgrades/Car Classes

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Additional Car Upgrades/Car Classes
Suggestion Description: Currently there are a lot of cheap, great looking cars, but the only problem is that most of them are pretty slow even when they are double upgraded. I think adding more upgrades to these cars, increasing their max speed would be a great way to have diversity with cars on the server. Rather than everyone driving supercars, you would be able to have a 300K (Stock price) car that you have upgraded 5 times that now goes around 80-90MPH. Ill provide a short list below of some cars that could be able to be upgraded more times (Max of 3-5 rather than 2) so it would make a great pick for Police Chases etc. Currently most cars that are under 500K don't go that fast(Not really surprising) but even with upgrades they still aren't great choices.
-Audi TT
-Honda Civic
-Honda CR-X(Maybe)
-Honda S2000
-Jeep Wrangler

This is just a small list, and there are quite a few more cars that could and should have the option for more than two upgrades.

Another way to do this would be adding a car class system. Basically have it so a certain class defines the speed and performance of the vehicle. The classes would be D, C, B, A and S. The classes could be determined by stock speed, something like this:

D Class - 30MPH
C Class - 50MPH
B Class - 75(Or 80)MPH
A Class - 100MPH
S Class 130MPH+

D, C Classes could be upgraded say 4-5 times(At Max being around B Classes when upgraded fully) and B Classes could be upgraded 3 times rather than two. A and S being kept at a max of two so that they aren't completely broken. I think adding this would also add a sort of advantage to Officers who are pursuing vehicles that they don't know the make/model of. Rather than saying "A Red sports car" they could say something along the lines of "A Red S Class Vehicle, current speed around 130MPH going towards~" This Class could be displayed when buying, customizing, upgrading and spawning the car. Even On the Police Computer there could be the class next to the vehicle that the person owns.

I think a rework like this is needed for the car system and could even support car quests/missions via the mission app involving races around the city with a certain class of vehicle and even a leader board for times as well.

Why should this be added?:
- More diversity of cars to drive (That are actually fast)
- Shine more light on the 'cheap' cars
- More realistic for these cars to go faster than their double upgraded speed

What negatives could this have?:
- Maybe that giving the option of some cars being upgraded more than twice could be OP
- Classes could be a bit annoying to implement?

Useful Images: N/A

Last edited:
Reaction score
This would actually be a nice update, I like most of the cars but never bought them because they are useless because of their speed.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Additional Car Upgrades/Car Classes
Suggestion Description: Currently there are a lot of cheap, great looking cars, but the only problem is that most of them are pretty slow even when they are double upgraded. I think adding more upgrades to these cars, increasing their max speed would be a great way to have diversity with cars on the server. Rather than everyone driving supercars, you would be able to have a 300K (Stock price) car that you have upgraded 5 times that now goes around 80-90MPH. Ill provide a short list below of some cars that could be able to be upgraded more times (Max of 3-5 rather than 2) so it would make a great pick for Police Chases etc. Currently most cars that are under 500K don't go that fast(Not really surprising) but even with upgrades they still aren't great choices.
-Audi TT
-Honda Civic
-Honda CR-X(Maybe)
-Honda S2000
-Jeep Wrangler

This is just a small list, and there are quite a few more cars that could and should have the option for more than two upgrades.

Another way to do this would be adding a car class system. Basically have it so a certain class defines the speed and performance of the vehicle. The classes would be D, C, B, A and S. The classes could be determined by stock speed, something like this:

D Class - 30MPH
C Class - 50MPH
B Class - 75(Or 80)MPH
A Class - 100MPH
S Class 130MPH+

D, C Classes could be upgraded say 4-5 times(At Max being around B Classes when upgraded fully) and B Classes could be upgraded 3 times rather than two. A and S being kept at a max of two so that they aren't completely broken. I think adding this would also add a sort of advantage to Officers who are pursuing vehicles that they don't know the make/model of. Rather than saying "A Red sports car" they could say something along the lines of "A Red S Class Vehicle, current speed around 130MPH going towards~" This Class could be displayed when buying, customizing, upgrading and spawning the car. Even On the Police Computer there could be the class next to the vehicle that the person owns.

I think a rework like this is needed for the car system and could even support car quests/missions via the mission app involving races around the city with a certain class of vehicle and even a leader board for times as well.

Why should this be added?:
- More diversity of cars to drive (That are actually fast)
- Shine more light on the 'cheap' cars
- More realistic for these cars to go faster than their double upgraded speed

What negatives could this have?:
- Maybe that giving the option of some cars being upgraded more than twice could be OP
- Classes could be a bit annoying to implement?

Useful Images: N/A
I have what I believe to be a better grading system for cars as not all cars are better than one another JUST because they have more speed but I think our ideas are close but I focused more on the car rating aspect.
I say if as a community we were able to rank our cars in different classifications based on a deducible collection of factors which decide what ranking the car falls in, this will do a lot of good for the server.
|
This measures the car STOCK not with any upgrades.
|
Speed =

30 mPH is D or 1
31-49 is D+ 1.5
50 mPH is C or 2/5 |
51-79 mPH is C+ or 2.5
80 mPH is B or 3
81-99mPH is B+ or 3.5
100 mPH is A or 4
101-129 mPH is A+ or 4.5
130+ mPH is S or 5.
Handling =
1/3 - Subjective deduction but relatively easy to say that if it handles like a Furai it's bad...
2/3 - Can drift and round corners most of the time just fine.
3/3 - Like an Audi R8 or R34 on a good day.
Storage =
1/3 - 1 is less than 10kg and or can't carry at least 3 slots
2/3 - 2 is 3 slots and over 10kg
3/3 - 3 is 50 kg+ and 3+ slots.
Durability =
1/3 - 1 is your car disabled using one beretta m9 magazine
2/3 - 2 it can handle about half a magazine from an AK
3/3 - 3 It can handle a full magazine or more
|
I'll use my cars as an example:

Nissan R34 Skyline

Handling: Great 3/3