Cars - Lockpicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1L

Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/cars-lockpicking.21917/

Main Idea: Allow the car to be open when you've lockpicked it for an certain amount of time ( e.g. 1 minute or more )

Full description of the idea: When you steal a car and exit the car straight away or trying to let a friend try it out , it locks it and you can't re-enter the car , so you have to repicklock it which is kind of annoying and wasting your crowbar, I want it so it'll allow it to stay open for a certain amount of time.

Why should it be added?: It should be added as its quite annoying when you just lockpicked the car and then you have to relockpick it just to re-enter the car.

Pros:

• More realism
  • Enhance roleplay

Cons: Nothing that I know off

Reaction score
It should be opened until it is locked or respawned. Cars dont lock out of theirselves unless they have some high tech shit which most PERP cars dont have
+supprto

Reaction score
This is avoidable by making the car mode public and leaving the engine on before leaving the car. By turning off the engine or forgetting to make it public while the engine is on and leaving the car you basically guarantee no way into the car again unless you lock pick it again.

Personally I don't think a change is necessary, it's already enough when your car gets stolen and the majority of the time some retard who can't drive has managed to steal it and just causes damage to it. I really wouldn't like my car to just be dropped off at some random place just for another weirdo to come along and hop in for a free ride because it was previously stolen.

There's already a way to make it essentially permanently open to anyone as I stated above, I assume you just didn't know of the game mechanic and most people actually don't know it's possible. Sure it's annoying to have to re-lock pick a car because you 'forget' or 'dont know' how to make it open after you leave, but I don't really want to see such a feature be added.

More realism
Enhance roleplay
Why?...

Status
Not open for further replies.