Server Suggestion Cancel Lockpick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Cancel Lockpick
Suggestion Description: When trying to lockpick a vehicle or a door with Bobby or crowbar it’s annoying to lose only because you’re stuck in a unskippable animation.

Instead if you press C it should break the lockpick instantly and let you move normally again so you can respond to any threat.

Why should this be added?:
-  preserved the fun of activities instead of losing to game mechanic cheesing you
- realistic because you won’t just ignore a guy coming to kill you you would drop the lockpicking and defend yourself.
- pretty simple ask so I don’t imagine it’s hard to code

What negatives could this have?:
- cRiM bUfF

Reaction score
It’s a small delay so a cancel button won’t make much sense

Reaction score
It’s a small delay so a cancel button won’t make much sense
Small delay, but every second counts really. However I don't see this suggestion as beneficial, the point of crowbarring instead of bobby pinning is to be able to move freely whilst still having a chance of opening, but its loud. I think its perfectly balanced as is.

Reaction score
This would result in a meta of spamming bobby pins/ crowbars and canceling animations to see if anyone reacts when stealing a car, or to bait wallbanging, timings, etc. when raiding properties. I don't see any reason to mixup the meta in such a large way when raiding and stealing cars is balanced as is. This change would effectively make raiding and stealing vehicles easier than it is currently, which would imbalance things and make room for mingery.

Status
Not open for further replies.