Change 10.1

Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: Change to a existing law

What law do you wish to change/add:
Change 10.1 from this
It is an offence for a person to display behaviour that is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress. This includes but is not limited to visual representations such as signs and newspaper adverts.
It is a offence for a person to cause harassment ,alarm or distress to a degree that a reasonable person would find to be one of the 3 this also includes signs and advertisement media of any kind

Why should this change/addition be made: to stop officers from snatching you up for 4 years over a simple ''fuck you'' or someone getting you nicked over a small insult as this law stifles free speech in Paralake

What is the aim of this change/addition: to stop people being arrested over minor incidents

Additional Information:

Reaction score
I don't think this should be added

You spelled offence wrong and although yes the real law works on the basis of causing a person of reasonable firmness alarm or distress, I think it's fair to say most people in real life would be alarmed if someone told them "fuck you".

Section 5: "Fuck"
Section 4A: "Fuck You"
Section 4: "I'm going to fuck you up"

I would argue the current implementation of the law is completely realistic and doesn't need any change at all.

Reaction score
well technically me telling you to fuck off is 10.1 like im sick of people saying He'S CaUsInG me 10.1'' to get people nicked over the most minor of verbal insults

Reaction score
so you are saying someone should face up to 4 year's in prison for telling me to fuck off ??

Reaction score
That's what discretion is for, a lower form of public order in my view should be up to 1 or 2 years e.g. "fuck off", where some of the more serious versions of 10.1 do absolutely warrant 4 years. You still shouldn't be telling people to fuck off!

Reaction score
I mean you do the exact same thing but again refer to what I said, if an officer is taking excessive action to deal with something then you can create an IA.

Reaction score
@Tyla Jai there is no policy for ''fair punishment'' so technically i could put anyone in for the max for the most minor of law breaks i mean a certain officer was told by a certain officer not to put me in jail and ticket me but the officer did it anyway

Reaction score
@aarondavid45 So it could be wise to re-do your suggestion to have sub-categories of 10.1

10.1.1 Causing Harassment Alarm or Distress - e.g. 2 years
10.1.2 Intentional Harassment Alarm or Distress - e.g. 3 years
10.1.3 Fear or Provocation of Violence - e.g. 4 years
10.1.4 Affray - e.g. 5 years
10.1.5 Violent Disorder - e.g. 6 years
10.1.6 Riot - e.g. 7 years

Whatever the outcome we shouldn't de-criminalise people being cunts like that lmao

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
This could just be a policy change to be fair, in real life the officer will usually give you a warning and tell you to stop or you’ll be arrested.

I think people should be given a chance and a reminder of the law and then arrested. Although you can always ask for a supervisor and they will decide if 4 years is fair

Alternatively, you could just stop swearing at police

Reactions: Mim
Reaction score
Officers should not be sentencing you to 4 years (or at all, really) for an insult or two. Being excessive with punishments just to be a prick would violate the "Peaceful Policies" section of the handbook (6d). If someone is irate and you're a cop, your objective is de-escalation. Handcuffing someone and hauling them to jail is the opposite of that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Tyla Jai its not decriminalizing people the law proposal says
It is a offence for a person to cause harassment ,alarm or distress to a degree that a reasonable person would find to be one of the 3
its to stop people prosecuting over 1 little insult

Reaction score
The law is perfect the way it is, however as said above, if someone is arresting you for a simple "fuck you" report it to IA as its not right or correct to do