Change less stuff in v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main Idea: Change less stuff for Paralake v5, so it being finished is a realistic scenario.

Full description of the idea: I have no idea what is already been done and what not for v5 but I understand that, since there were a lot of things in mind to be changed, the development of the map has slowed down (keep in mind that I am just assuming these things from what I know and have heard, they might not be true).
The idea is, instead of waiting for a huge map update, to push updates with less changes but more frequently.

Why should it be added?: So we can start having new versions of the map, as the server needs these changes to stay healthy.

Pros:
The whole project doesn't become demotivating for the people who work on it.
Players can enjoy new versions of the map, instead of waiting with the promise of a huge update.
Feedback and suggestions from players might more easily inspire ideas for the map as new versions are being pushed out.
If something is not liked by the playerbase, it can easily be changed on a new version.
We have had v4 for years and it has become boring as heck. Map rotation was fun cause there was a change for once. Doing the same but with new versions will probably help the server a lot.

Cons: Changes on the map need code updates, mainly locations. I'm sure if there isn't enough time for the devs that there are a lot of players that could be trusted to help with these. It's not hard to learn how to do them.
Updating the content pack a lot of times might be a con. Not sure how that works.
Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.