Server Suggestion Change the Nerf to the AS50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Change the Nerf to the AS50
Suggestion Description: Instead of the AS50 removing movement speed by 20%, make it so you lose stamina 20% faster

Why should this be added?:
- People would be more enthusiastic about using the AS50 as, I think I've seen one person use it since the nerf and that was to defend
- It'd be realistic, (although the movement speed is realistic the stamina would also be)

What negatives could this have?:
- People complaining about not being able to run as far
- The potential of people sprintpeeking with it rising

What problem would this suggestion solve?: The lack of AS50 usage!

Reaction score
i think if you add like at least a 10% less moving speed and add that 20% it would make it fair. the as50 is indeed i think 15kgs and springting with it wont be that easy. however i definatelly see the 20% faster stamina losing reasonable

Reaction score
Suggestion Description: Instead of the AS50 removing movement speed by 20%, make it so you lose stamina 20% faster

- People would be more enthusiastic about using the AS50 as, I think I've seen one person use it since the nerf and that was to defend
- It'd be realistic, (although the movement speed is realistic the stamina would also be)

+1 I think this is good idea to get people to have AS50 Usage. It can be used with the speed we had before and the only difference is us losing more stamina. I believe this will be the solution so people can be happier.

Reaction score
Problem is, this has already been discussed. The change for movement speed was made because of balancing and preventing people swerving at max speed to not get hit by shotgun cops or any other gun with as50 out. As much as you're going to try to get it changed, it will remain the way it is. They're not going to revert it unless the as50 becomes a 2 tap weapon.

Reaction score
the as50 will never become a 2-tap weapon. 50. cal is way too powerful for you to live. search up 50. cal bullet on the internet compered to like 9mm

Reaction score
the as50 will never become a 2-tap weapon. 50. cal is way too powerful for you to live. search up 50. cal bullet on the internet compered to like 9mm
Exactly my point, they aren't going to change anything because of how overpowered it is

Reaction score
agree the gun is usable atm

the people who disagree please try the as50 its ballshit its like crippled and if you get crippled its over

Reaction score
No this is a stupid thing, Some benefits includes that people use different guns so the weapon sandbox is varied and not just 1 weapon, the fact that it was used by zergs 9/10 times, the fact that it while being the heaviest gun next too the M82 you could 360 noscope someone with no effect too yourself. do i need too keep going

Reaction score
its reasonable look at the gun price also the ammo ofc it will be 1 shot gun

adding stamina get lowered than reduce speed is better than just low the speed i dont think you tryed the as50 but if you try it you will find out how aids it is

Reaction score
its reasonable look at the gun price also the ammo ofc it will be 1 shot gun

adding stamina get lowered than reduce speed is better
Agreed although we are focusing on stamina we are talking about damage though. I believe the gun ahould instead decrease stamina more swiftley as it is an anti material gun and so people won't argue. I would also like to say that the damage of the gun and price of the gun is reasonably fair. Plus people aren't really that rich so it is based on the people who is willing to risk a huge amount of money using that gun.

Reaction score
The AS50 meta was cancer. It turned every shootout into a joke because of how much it would overpower any other choice of firearm, especially in the hands of someone with a minuscule amount of aim. Being on the receiving end of an AS50 was, very simply, not fun. As such, the nerf is a welcome change.
I don’t think that changing it from a speed nerf to a stamina nerf would be enough of a change to discourage the near-constant usage the weapon has previously seen, which again would turn every shootout into a joke.

If any change was to be implemented, I’d say making the speed nerf 10% and stamina loss 20% faster might be a better choice, but honestly I am all for the current implementation.

That still sounds so very disgusting

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good to add stamina reduction as well and keep the speed as it is

Reaction score

+1 makes using 50 cals a bit more better bc rn it’s annoying asf walking as if you’re crippled

Reaction score
Speed nerf supports a healthier gameplay style. I think these big sniper rifles that decimate cars and people are meant to be played as the most effective gun at range, ideally turtling in the furthest corner behind rifle wielding teammates or roaming in a car to reposition after picking off a couple of enemies.
Allowing them to be very effective at mid and close range on top of that just removes the skill ceiling of the gun, which it then replaces shotguns and rifles in most situations.

Reaction score

Speed nerf supports a healthier gameplay style. I think these big sniper rifles that decimate cars and people are meant to be played as the most effective gun at range, ideally turtling in the furthest corner behind rifle wielding teammates or roaming in a car to reposition after picking off a couple of enemies.
Allowing them to be very effective at mid and close range on top of that just removes the skill ceiling of the gun, which it then replaces shotguns and rifles in most situations.

Kinda sums it up, I think the changes made to the movement made a positive change to the entire shootout meta.

Simply increasing stamina consumption will not have the same effect as it will still allow people to pick corners then hold while recovering.

Status
Not open for further replies.