Server Suggestion Change the way wrenches work.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Change the way wrenches work.
Suggestion Description: Make it so wrenches are useless if there's a roadcrew on duty. I've been on duty this evening and rarely get anything to do, because everyone just has wrenches on them and they fix their own cars. It's more expensive but a lot quicker so they just choose to fix it themselves.

EDIT: After discussing this with a few community members, i've seen fully removing the usability of wrenches when an RC goes on duty won't work. Instead it should be so that wrenches can't fix a car completly, forcing people to still use RC or the RC NPC. creds to @RIM and @Benj

Why should this be added?:
- Roadcrew has something to do
- More income as roadcrew
- more RP as roadcrew

What negatives could this have?:
- People will have to wait for their car to be fully fixed.

Last edited:

Max

Reaction score
people use wrenches to fix their cars in situations like car chases and shootouts, situations that roadcrew shouldn't interact with.

Reaction score
people use wrenches to fix their cars in situations like car chases and shootouts, situations that roadcrew shouldn't interact with.
I see where you're coming from, however before wrenches were introduced, you didn't even have this option. It's aids to be RC and very demotivating as everyone just fixes their own car, making rc obsolete.

Reaction score
It costs stupid amounts of money to wrench fix your car though whilst RC are capped at 500 dollars.

Reaction score
It costs stupid amounts of money to wrench fix your car though whilst RC are capped at 500 dollars.
Sure, most still prefer to use wrenches, since calling rc and waiting takes longer. I’ve been playing rc for quite a bit now and have noticed this. Almost all calls are for towing, however people still damage their cars, they just prefer to use the quick option and use the wrenches they have on them.

Reaction score
I'd be fine if we cap the limit to 30% HP repair or something, it's stupidly unrealistic to fully fix your car with a few wrenches inbetween shootouts and chases like nothing happened. It should still fullfill its purpose of getting a car back up and running but fully fixing it should be left to Roadcrew or the Roadcrew NPC at the impound lot which is considerably more expensive which is how it used to be back then.

Reaction score
After some discussion i've decided to change the suggestion in a way it will be more reasonable and realistic, while still giving RC plenty of work.

EDIT: After discussing this with a few community members, i've seen fully removing the usability of wrenches when an RC goes on duty won't work. Instead it should be so that wrenches can't fix a car completly, forcing people to still use RC or the RC NPC. creds to @RIM and @Benj

Reaction score
Yeah wrenches are far too fast and convenient. They should simply allow you to fix the vehicle up to a certain point to allow you to nurse the car back to the RC station.

Reaction score
Even if wrenches are much more expensive I'll chose them over RC 99% of the times, it needs to be nerfed

Reaction score
+Support
Played RC for the first time in a long while today, it's really not the same as it use to be. I remember the job actually earning half decent money, but due to no one calling and using wrenches I got around 3 people in 45 minutes. Something needs to be done about them even if you make the price very high or even allow them to only be used once (if car is disabled) and then the player can drive to RC to get the rest fixe it would be 10x better.

Reaction score
If this was a thing, imagine 1 RTC on duty how many calls he would get, and the time people would have to waste waiting for RTC to show up.

Reaction score
If this was a thing, imagine 1 RTC on duty how many calls he would get, and the time people would have to waste waiting for RTC to show up. Plus let's say you have just killed somebody and he has shot up your car and the car cant drive, it would be easier to get your wrench out and repair it.
"After discussing this with a few community members, i've seen fully removing the usability of wrenches when an RC goes on duty won't work. Instead it should be so that wrenches can't fix a car completly, forcing people to still use RC or the RC NPC." Please read the post before replying... And as you can see by both my experience and @KaiH, rc barely get calls and it's actually boring earning just enough to pay for the burgers you ate.

Reaction score
"After discussing this with a few community members, i've seen fully removing the usability of wrenches when an RC goes on duty won't work. Instead it should be so that wrenches can't fix a car completly, forcing people to still use RC or the RC NPC." Please read the post before replying... And as you can see by both my experience and @KaiH, rc barely get calls and it's actually boring earning just enough to pay for the burgers you ate.
Yeah, ma bad i didn't see the edited part.

Reaction score
Very true in fact I lost money due to being ticketed by a very angry cop.

Reaction score
Based on this thread I've made the following changes:
  • Wrenches have a higher base repair amount, but a lower maximum repair amount
  • Wrenches have a cooldown between uses
  • When there is a Roadcrew worker on duty, wrenches cannot repair a car above 70%