Community Survey

Reaction score
It’s been around a year since the Community Survey was done and I thought we could have a little discussion around maybe doing another one?

I want to start by saying I know these things take a lot of time and the admin/community team are working their balls off so this isn’t by any means a criticism!

I personally feel PERP has changed a lot recently due to the amount of new players. Whilst this is overall a good thing I do believe it might be worth really Understanding how the community feels so that we can all keep making PERP grow.

One thing I would like to see is a community survey that only allow you to take part if you have joined the server in the past month. I see so much toxicity on these forums and it’s mostly from people who don’t play or are banned.

What does everyone think?

Reaction score
For sure we can organise this, I always thought it wasn't really appreciated that much, as seen by the reaction score on the original post.

Is this something a lot of people want?

Reaction score
I always thought it wasn't really appreciated that much
I don't really get what you mean by this, the staff didn't appreciate the answers in the survey? Or the players didn't appreciate it enough to answer

Reaction score
For sure we can organise this, I always thought it wasn't really appreciated that much, as seen by the reaction score on the original post.

very much

Reaction score
  • Staff

My view is that those who appreciate it are often silent. We fill the survey out, read the response and appreciate that our voices are listened to even if nothing can be done.

Those who don’t appreciate it are the same culprits who scream and shout saying how corrupt PH is when they haven’t been on the server since 2018!

Reaction score
I don't really get what you mean by this, the staff didn't appreciate the answers in the survey? Or the players didn't appreciate it enough to answer

People didn't really seem to care. Think we got about 45 responses and about 5-10 were trolls.

Reaction score
People didn't really seem to care. Think we got about 45 responses and about 5-10 were trolls.
45 responses (-5 or 10 due to trolls) is still probably quite a lot to build upon, it can give you a general view of what people in the community are after, I can't comment much as I don't know what was on the survey but I'm sure even if it gets barely answered its still very beneficial as it shows the staff care about what the community have to say, as well as benefiting the community overall.

Reaction score
45 responses (-5 or 10 due to trolls) is still probably quite a lot to build upon, it can give you a general view of what people in the community are after, I can't comment much as I don't know what was on the survey but I'm sure even if it gets barely answered its still very beneficial as it shows the staff care about what the community have to say, as well as benefiting the community overall.
A lot of the feedback we got was personal issues with staff/people in the role. I can genuinely say that we get much better feedback from other threads, conversations in OOC/Discord/Shoutbox or direct messages.

It's a lot of work to put together the surveys which is why I have not done them as the reward from doing them was very little. I could maybe do a smaller scale if that's something that would interest people.

Reaction score
  • Staff
A lot of the feedback we got was personal issues with staff/people in the role. I can genuinely say that we get much better feedback from other threads, conversations in OOC/Discord/Shoutbox or direct messages.

It's a lot of work to put together the surveys which is why I have not done them as the reward from doing them was very little. I could maybe do a smaller scale if that's something that would interest people.
Do we maybe instead of do a “Survey” do a weekly/monthly discussion?

So maybe a vote for a topic and then a place to discus? Any slander/trolling/unhelpful comments not allowed etc.

Just trying to think of how to engage our new players onto this as I’m not sure how active they are on the forums?

Reaction score
A lot of the feedback we got was personal issues with staff/people in the role.
Theres always gonna be conflict its a general issue with the world tbh. Maybe if you were to go through with the survey add a no player-confliction being brought up rule

Reaction score
Do we maybe instead of do a “Survey” do a weekly/monthly discussion?

So maybe a vote for a topic and then a place to discus? Any slander/trolling/unhelpful comments not allowed etc.

Just trying to think of how to engage our new players onto this as I’m not sure how active they are on the forums?

We already have two surveys for new players! I forget a lot of older players won’t know this.

You are prompted to do a survey after completing the missions and then also after your new player tag disappears.

Both of these are much more useful than anything the Community Survey produced.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Surveys never appear to work, a better idea could be to have a 'suggestion box' kind of feature on the server in city hall where players can (in an OOC manner of course) put down their suggestions for changes or their issues within the community/server. Monthly/bi-monthly we could update you guys on some of the most prevelant talking points and let you know what we will do to act on these. The idea of it being on the server, is that it weeds out banned forum lurkers and (most) trolls.

Reaction score
Surveys never appear to work, a better idea could be to have a 'suggestion box' kind of feature on the server in city hall where players can (in an OOC manner of course) put down their suggestions for changes or their issues within the community/server. Monthly/bi-monthly we could update you guys on some of the most prevelant talking points and let you know what we will do to act on these. The idea of it being on the server, is that it weeds out banned forum lurkers and (most) trolls.
I like the idea of this. Can only have your say if you are on the server which most of our serial moaners are not! Could be part of the community spotlight?

We already have two surveys for new players! I forget a lot of older players won’t know this.

You are prompted to do a survey after completing the missions and then also after your new player tag disappears.

Both of these are much more useful than anything the Community Survey produced.
I didn’t know this, that’s good to know!