Community Suggestion community voting

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: community voting
Suggestion Description: do some community voting not just in the threads but host some community talks or nights to just generally talk with the community and see what they want done with the server as a group vote all together, and let the people in charge approve or disapprove of the idea, think it would help the server and maybe even make it fun

Why should this be added?:
- community events will make the staff's job even better and not only that but it will make members of the community feel included

What negatives could this have?:
- i am not sure of the negatives, maybe improper setup leading to rdm once an event has been set as everyone gets teleported, or no proper voting system if one hasnt been set up and voice chat could be a problem as well

What problem would this suggestion solve?: this suggestion is from the community's heart, i think this would enlighten the server more even if done once or twice atleast

Reaction score
There are somthimes community meatings on the perpheads discord. For example when it was discussed about removing doors from buisness shops and there was a organisansion meating on the discord where org leaders could talk about improvments for organisations i dont know how many there has been tho. But i get ur point about the voting it would make the community feel more included. And another thing is that the developers might not be able to keep up.

Reaction score
Could you please help me with a list of decisions you feel the community should have a vote on? We often make decisions within our team as each of us have been community members for up to 10 years each and it's significantly easier to have a constructive conversation amongst a smaller group, we sometimes use server boosters on our discord if we feel like we need non staff views, or may ask for experienced players specifically by PM.

Reaction score
and let the people in charge approve or disapprove of the idea, think it would help the server and maybe even make it fun
My guy, why even have the vote in the first place?

Im not sure what you expect out of community-driven votes, and neither does your post specify what counts as such.
People are fucking stupid, (Im sorry but this has to be said) and majority rule in some make-believe community poll where people click 1 or 2 and dont offer any feedback for any real improvement is most likely going to devalue the real worth of a qualitative questionnaire of the community's wishes for the server

Reaction score
Very vague - what do you want to vote on?

This is GMod which means most of us in the community are idiots.

The big problem is democracy does not work here, it’s like in the uk - we got the freedom to vote, we voted brexit and then straight away everyone complains and says it’s the wrong choice.

For most things we need to give our opinions and standpoint & let the staff team decide what will work in the most balanced way.

Reaction score
I see why the OP asks for more meetings and I see why people are saying Staff / veterans mainly decide finally.

Personally I say if a big feature like bazaar doors was suggested by a member, voted on positively then reviewed by the whole community in a public meeting. It was fair to implement since no pushback was made to turn it over.

Likewise can be done on the other hand, if you want something implemented and there is a push for it by the community. All you have to do to showcase the demand is make a suggestion or a discussion, then let the numbers speak for themselves.

After that, you can maybe ask for a meeting ;since this hypothetical topic has a significant amount of attention around it.