Crashing every 10 min when server is full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everybody, today i'd like to share with you my bad situation, hoping that someone could find the way to make me enjoy my Vip.
Im used to play in this server since years, but i stopped for like 2 years, today im using an other pc not much different from the other(im using mackbook air 2015).
When i had windows on the imac, the crashes were quite rare, and running the game in low resolution could solve my problems.
Today is much different, in perpheads when server is almost full i can't literally play becouse i crash every 10 min( with f1, tab, ncp, car dealer, storage, and getting some errors).
When in the server there are liek 20 ppl i can usually play 1 hour or more before i crash, but i'd like to play with the full server to really enjoy it.
I tried every kind of low reoslutions ( still running in low resolution), a lot of comands not all toghther but a combinations of them, but neither this worked( i used comands like: r_3dsky 0, r_shadows 0, gmod_mcore_test 1, mat_queue_mode 2,), i also tried to run in and a certain reoslution and in a window with no border, but nothing seems to work, the comands just makes the game a bit clear to play.
I think my pc is good enough to play gmod, becouse in all the other servers ( also 75 slots server) i run it really good in low resolutions(also if i crash but less often), so it has something to do with perpheads.
The majority of the times i crash getting some errors,while the games goes perfectly( sometimes i just stand without do anything and i crash) and errors makes freeze my game then crash.
So it has something to do with the full server and the errors, i'll put the errors that i see when my games stay alive but i recognize it was almost crashed.
i was thinking about using bootcamp, but i hope someone could help me with those errors, becouse almost all the time theese errors makes me crash.
Im really going crazy pls help me to find out the solution.

One type
#### CTexture::LoadTextureBitsFromFile couldn't find materials/models/gtaiv/vehicles/lokus/white.vtf

##### CTexture::LoadTextureBitsFromFile couldn't find materials/models/gtaiv/vehicles/emperor/norm.vtf

##### CTexture::LoadTextureBitsFromFile couldn't find materials/models/gtaiv/vehicles/minivan/grey.vtf

##### CTexture::LoadTextureBitsFromFile couldn't find materials/models/gtaiv/vehicles/lokus/red.vtf

An other type:

[Deprecated] Entity.Entity [@gamemodes/perp/gamemode/modules/vehiclesystem/gui/menu.lua (line 222)]

One More Damn Type Of error :

### CTexture::LoadTextureBitsFromFile couldn't find materials/models/gtaiv/vehicles/lokus/white.vtf

##### CTexture::LoadTextureBitsFromFile couldn't find materials/models/gtaiv/vehicles/emperor/norm.vtf

##### CTexture::LoadTextureBitsFromFile couldn't find materials/models/gtaiv/vehicles/minivan/grey.vtf

##### CTexture::LoadTextureBitsFromFile couldn't find materials/models/gtaiv/vehicles/lokus/red.vtf

The Last 2 i could get, the few times they didn't make me crash
MDLCache: TDMCars\sub_wrxsti08.mdl uses a different model version to the engine (got 49, expected 48)
Shader 'shaders\fxc\skin_ps20b.vcs' - Couldn't load combo 1802400 of shader (dyn=80)

Reaction score
You expect to game on a server with all these entities and players and effects with a macbook?

Playing at low resolution and settings is not enjoyable, and with frequent crashes you shouldn't even be trying to start up the game.

Go save up $400 and build yourself a gaming computer. If you're not experienced pm me and I'll help.

Just stop torturing yourself, obviously a laptop like the Macbook isn't gonna run well with a server and game like this with its specs. You could've gotten a better laptop or pc which is why I despise apple as my $450 desktop would knock the shit out of any apple computer or laptop.

Reaction score
I already tried to reinstall addons and gmod twice, but im shure like Mage says, there must be a short term solution to enjoy this server, im willing to play an un-enjoyable experience instead of crashing every 10 min.
Is there a way to fix those errors?
[DOUBLEPOST=1483534736,1483534632][/DOUBLEPOST]MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
1,6 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
C17PFCSWG940
and i have 128 gb of SSD

And Actually something happen everytime i start gmod, withouth do anything i get theese errors in console( something i did not get like 4/5 mounths ago

or: Material "debug/debuglightmap" uses unknown shader "LightmappedGeneric_dx8"
Error: Material "debug/debugluxels" uses unknown shader "DebugLuxels"
Error: Material "___fillrate_0" uses unknown shader "FillRate"
Error: Material "___debugnormalmap_1" uses unknown shader "DebugNormalMap"
Error: Material "___debugdrawenvmapmask_2" uses unknown shader "DebugDrawEnvmapMask"
Error: Material "___debugdepth_3" uses unknown shader "DebugDepth"
Error: Material "___debugdepth_4" uses unknown shader "DebugDepth"
[DOUBLEPOST=1483535556][/DOUBLEPOST]Yea i already did that, now actually i have just the perpheads' packs, becouse honestly this server is the only game i play.
[DOUBLEPOST=1483535968][/DOUBLEPOST]i have kinda solved f1 and tab problems , setting resolution at 800x 600, i think just errors makesme crash now
[DOUBLEPOST=1483536055][/DOUBLEPOST]i can run left for dead at max, i think i can run this server too( ofc not at max, but at minimum) pls give me some other advices, some console comand to set lower resolution of particular crashy things.

Reaction score
hhahhaah i think your right,anyway i think running it with bootcamp would solve some problems, but i still love steve jobs :)
Bootcamp will allow you to have a lot less errors and probably some indie games that dont require any gpu or cpu power. Like papers please or undertale for example

Status
Not open for further replies.