Suggestion Description: crowbarring 8 times or more is a guarantee door open

Why should this be added?:
- Doors arent made of titanium they shouldn't be taking that many crowbars
- realistic
- opening doors would be faster

What negatives could this have?:
- doors open faster or have a chance?? idk I dont see any

What problem would this suggestion solve?: titanium doors

This is genuinely a problem, why can i have 8/8 lockpicking and still spend minutes trying to open a door that isnt even owned by a new player. This would be a welcomed change in my book.

I love crowbarring new players and having a guaranteed chance to open their door.
This should only apply to non-new players.

I’ve always felt as though crowbar success and battering ram success should be relatively dependant on angle and where on the door you’re hitting. A good compromise could be doors are easier to crowbar the closer you are to the lock and the angle of which you are hitting the lock from.

I’ve always felt as though crowbar success and battering ram success should be relatively dependant on angle and where on the door you’re hitting. A good compromise could be doors are easier to crowbar the closer you are to the lock and the angle of which you are hitting the lock from.
With crowbar the chances already change, its just not dependent on the lock position, I think what we already have is fine regarding that

This is one of the downsides of picking RNG over an actual mini game to represent skill.

I say maybe a visual UI indication on top of this suggestion would lead to less frustration since at least even if the RNG is not on your side, you can see how close you were or far from success.

4 crowbars on 1 non new player door has always been really fun :cat:

i feel like this should be fixed because ive literally once crowbarred a door for at least 20 times before someone else tried and got it forst try when we were both lvl 8 lockpicking. it just doesnt make sens to have to crowbar it a million times for it to open

I remember a stack of ASDA trying to break into an apartment at slums and they were literally crowbarring on and off for 5 min while fighting cops and eventually died to the cops because they couldn't get inside.

I personally haven't had this problem, I just don't think a lot of people know that walking away from the door during the animation prevents it from opening/reduces the chances. Stand next to the door, don't alt sprint away during it and you're in 9/10 times.

I personally haven't had this problem, I just don't think a lot of people know that walking away from the door during the animation prevents it from opening/reduces the chances. Stand next to the door, don't alt sprint away during it and you're in 9/10 times.
This. Maybe make this more clear for new players somehow before doing their first raid.

What Dom said, I've never used more then 3 crowbars in a raid, just stop moving away from the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.