[Debate] The 1.1 rule

Reaction score
[Note this is not a rule discussion for change, I just would like to know where people stand]

As the title says, discuss any thoughts you have on the rule.

Green: If you agree with the rule
Orange: If you're on the fence with the rule
Red: If you're against the rule

Reminder: This is not to get the rule changed, this is just for my own curiosity.

Reaction score
This rule should not go unpunished if broken, unless the person has good reason to. Everyone reacts differently to a variety of insults, and to ensure that no one feels offended it should be a strict rule that covers any type of insult.

Reaction score
In my opinion, the rule should be there as more of a guideline. So honestly, if your Grandmother died recently, and someone said that they would shag her corpse, or something very, very offensive on the lines of that. Then it should be handled by the staff team. But if it's something similar to the "Bitch" incident, I think that it should be ignored, because let's be honest here, you've had worse and ignored it.

Deleted member 5920

I think we should treat everyone equally and permaban all who break 1.1.

Reaction score
I like to ban for 1.1 :)
I am joking! I think that 1.1 will always remain as a rule and SHOULD be followed. This does not necessarily mean that it needs to be more heavily enforced but I think the banterbox could use a bit more monitoring, unless the banter is between two people who are friends or taking the insults as a joke.

Just so it's clear, the rulers of the banterbox are:
  • Trande - King of the bantbox; generally just a little minge who cracks these HILARIOUS jokes every 2 minutes :penguin:
  • Ayjay - Queen of the bantbox; complete scrub, takes the piss out of everyone for everything :rage:
  • Duffy - Prince of the bantville; if it's not about history, it's about politics, if it's neither, he's most likely chatting crap.
Of-course, Trande and Ayjay will have more babies to rule the bantbox in the future.

Reaction score
I personally think that the receiving person should decide wether to take action against the person saying it.

This also depends on what is being said