DirectX Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Alright. My dilema with dxlevel is really gonna make me kms at the moment.

dxlevel 90 is what Garry's Mod uses by default and its hell to run for me. I get top frames of 50 and I always indefinetely freeze upon pressing F1 in perp

dxlevel 80 is older and my graphics card runs it like butter, 140 fps all directions and lows of 40 and F1 no longer indefinetely freezes but takes around 10/15 seconds

But the one thing that shits on my performance config is that everything is invisible on Perp, singleplayer is fine! On the server it fails to render vehicles, people and many other important objects. If theres any console commands that can fix this or anyone knows a solution then please let me know.

Solution
You can't run PERP in DX 8.0 no matter what you try, you will always crash and if you do manage to run it then you will end up with invisible entities. Leave it at 91/95 and just enable gmod_mcore_test 1 and mat_queue_mode -1
Reaction score
You can't run PERP in DX 8.0 no matter what you try, you will always crash and if you do manage to run it then you will end up with invisible entities. Leave it at 91/95 and just enable gmod_mcore_test 1 and mat_queue_mode -1

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.