[SOLVED] I keep crashing while playing on PH ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Played for a couple of hours without crashing!
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME
i will forever be your slave <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Now i can finally grow drugs without worrying that i will crash and lose my 4 pots that i paid 8000$ for because the income tax is 25% XD

OLD POST:

NEW (last try?):

Alright first i wanna thank chris for helping me out!
he was with me for about 30-60 minutes trying everything he can to fix this issue :eek:

I might be crashing because of the map so i downloaded and loaded it in the game,
I'll be playing on the server for a couple of hours now and hopefully if i don't crash i can FINALLY say that the issue is fixed!

Damn i feel like went through hell to fix this XDDD

NEW (29/07/2015):
I came to an ending point where i can't do anything to fix this problem.

I've tried EVERYTHING i can possibly think of and nothing works,
i went as far as logging in with a completely new computer and a new steam with a reinstalled garry's mod and i STILL keep crashing,
this makes me believe the server is causing me to crash on purpose through my IP or something,
it sounds stupid but that's what i think.

Until i find a 100% working solution to my crashes i'm gonna have to say good bye.

OLD:
Everytime i join perpheads after 10 minutes gmod will crash for me without a reason.
i tried:
Redownloading all the content
Verifying cacha three times
Deleting steam cacha
Lowering all settings
Resolving this issue by adding the -dxlevel 90 command line to gmod
Putting -autoconfig into command line
Updating graphics card
Going into options (F1) and removing smoke fire etc...
My computer is pretty strong (trust me it can run a lot of games on high)

and NO i do not use any hacks or lua scripts

What else can i do?
Here's my latest dumplog file if anyone can read it and tell me what i can do to fix it,

Downloading link: https://mega.co.nz/#!HclQGTZZ!_52RrmGJ2nU9_WFv17zoomsee_gFU__A6IW9hqnk9lI

Thank you helpers!!:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello Wicked!

I just noticed, that you posted the dl link on my profile. I'll take a look at the dumplog now & contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks for trying to help :)
in the meanwhile trying to update drivers maybe they'll do something idk.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437294369,1437269649][/DOUBLEPOST]Update on the situiation:
after i updated my drivers to the latest version i was able to play on the server for about 2+ hours but i still received a crash,
that's a good thing now i can play over 10 minutes :D ill keep searching for ways to fix this problem.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438196721][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry for being inactive i was away for a week, but i'm back :D
Update on the situation:
Gmod went back to crashing every 10 minutes...
trying to reupdate my drivers and i'm going to unsub from ALL of my addons and reinstall gmod with PH content,
after that i will run gmod on the LOWEST settings possible, hopefully i'll be able to play without crashing.

Reaction score
Garry's Mod runs mostly on processing power. It depends if any processes are running in the background. Try closing any unnecessary applications such as Skype, TeamSpeak or Hamachi. If that doesn't work then, well, I don't know really.

Reaction score
Mate, uninstall EVERY workshop item and mod you have, try that, if it doesn't work, uninstall, if that doesn't work, what OS and version are you using?
Windows 7, and i did uninstall ALL ADDONS and reinstalled gmod

Garry's Mod runs mostly on processing power. It depends if any processes are running in the background. Try closing any unnecessary applications such as Skype, TeamSpeak or Hamachi. If that doesn't work then, well, I don't know really.
nothing running in the background :\ just steam.

The fact that you used a new computer, tells me that it is in your account and not an issue with the computer.
i used a new steam account on my other computer, i have NO idea why i keep crashing if i completely changed my specs ?_?
the only thing that is the same is my IP
[DOUBLEPOST=1438206627,1438204333][/DOUBLEPOST]REEDITED THE POST

Reaction score
I don't know much about garrys mod problems and how to fix them, but I will try eh. Now my guess is that there is something wrong with the IP youre using, since thats the only thing that never chanched.

Reaction score
Remove the whole steam folder and run a program like ccleaner to fix the registry (pc still thinks folder exists) . Should also check if your system memory is okay (memtest)

Also, does it happen on other source 2 games ? If not contact garry on facepunch

Deleted member 27

System specs please?
I had the exact same problem as you.
I had a 2 core 1.3GHz AMD processor and crashed every 30 minutes.
I bought a new PC on christmas and the problem is now gone with a AMD A8-6500 Quad-Core at 3.5GHz

Reaction score
I had that issue I have a few but I dont think they would work anyway since this rarely happens.

Go into your task manager and close down anything running in the background but not steam or system related processes

It is advised to run garrys mod with more than 10gb hard drive space if you are under this you are highly likely of crashing on any game.

Make sure you have nothing clashing and check your anti virus mostly your chest.

Redownload the content on workshop just in case.

Reaction score
Talking with an admin ATM,
I'm gonna download the .bsp of the map and try to use.
ill respond to all other replys after this try
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR REPLYING!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1438210649,1438208031][/DOUBLEPOST]REEDITED THE POST

Status
Not open for further replies.