Server Suggestion Discarding items from personal storage

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Discarding items from personal storage
Suggestion Description: Basically being able to discard any items from personal storage. I have gotten the suggestion to sell the items to the stores that you don't want in your storage but you cannot sell everything at the stores such as Magazines. I really don't want to create a Bazaar shop and wait for those items I don't want in my storage too.

So basically, dragging an item to the inventory should give another extra option to discard the items.

Of course a confirmation aswell, just in case.

I've shared a very poor designed UI suggestion for my suggestion at the Useful Images section.

Why should this be added?:
- Discarding unnecessary and unwanted items from the storage.

What negatives could this have?:
- People might find this a way to get rid of the criminal evidences such as weapons used in crimes. So a log record is a must to prevent people abusing the system and leaving no trace behind to follow.

Useful Images:

Reaction score
Alternatively this could be done by just simply giving the items away.

Reaction score
That's actually right but I thought having an option such as this could be nice and easier.

Sounds easier to implement aswell... I believe.

Reaction score
No, the amount of accidental items that would be deleted or frustration among players and especially newer players as they are more prone to it happening will weigh in way more than you that is frustrated it can't get rid off a mag. Furthermore what about RP, randomly the gun or mag or drugs of a person vanishes and there is no case or u try to mug me and I had a phone but out of nowhere that phone is gone and u shoot me cause u saw the phone earlier resulting in you getting punished because u shot me over something i did not have as it vanished in thin air?

Sell it in your shop for a very low price and guaranteed someone will pick it up, throw it on the floor at city hall and someone will pick it up, get it confiscated by a cop or just leave it in your storage as it might be able to help u someday by selling or using it

I really dislike the idea

Reaction score
Another thing that can be done instead of completely discarding items is having the ability to smelt them/recycle them somewhere and get some kind of materials, this way people can get rid of unused guns or items in a more effective way and possibly make some kind of business out of it

Reaction score
It's a difficult one as the pro's and con's out weight each other.

I do think this is a good idea as It'll help and be beneficial to loads of members who's storage navigation is fill of unnessacary unneeded items that would take a while to get rid of things they don't need even if they handed it out to a new player(s) - However like blobvis stated the amount of accidental issues and compensation reports would probably get out of hand, I don't think that this would cause more harm than good as long as people are informed beforehand of the items being discarded, Possibly a box afterwards with a major warning sign explaining that the items you have in here will be gone forever and won't be able to return etc.

Other than that I do think it's a good idea and would be solid if it was implemented as long as it was user-friendly in which players could understand what the reasoning for it is as some players won't understand the meaning of 'Discard'