ECM device

Reaction score
Description of the idea:
A craftable and placable Electronic countermeasure device.

The Electronic countermeasure device, or “ECM device”, would work similarly to a bomb in terms of deployment.

The device will “scramble” any 911 messages, life alerts, burglar alarms, etc. Made when the device is deployed. It would have a radius of a small subs house in terms of ground diameter and the height of 3 slums apartments. The device will change the caller location and name to “unknown”. It will also affect panics.

An example of this would be:
- The device is placed in slums to raid slums 3 who have a burglar alarm installed.
- The alarm will be triggered, but the automatic 911 will say “a break in was reported in unknown” instead of saying which apartment is being broken into.

Another example would be:
- The device is placed in PD during a PD raid. A cop in the lobby hears a crowbar and hits his panic, but the panic says “Unknown” as the location due to the ECM device in effect. He is then shot, the life alert will read as “unknown in the unknown”.

The device will work for between 35-50 seconds at random.

Negatives for this device to stop it being OP should be:
- It will break immediately when shot
- it will be single use only
- It should be relatively expensive to make
- It will not survive a bomb explosion, meaning it can’t be used to bomb a building without cops knowing.
- It won’t work in stopping cops getting a bank robbery notification
- It should turn off if moved significantly
- it should break when it comes into contact with a vehicle to stop any bugs that could occur with it when driving a truck or van with the item inside
- It should take up an equipment slot

Other effects it could do could include:
- either temporarily disable metal detectors or make them spam the beeping sound
- Disable the ability to make a 911 call or phone call
- Disable dispatch cameras

In order to make it expensive to craft, I propose the following recipe:
- 8 scrap electronics
- 1 radio
- 1 metal rods
- 2 refined metal 50% pure
It should require a crafting level of 45 and intelligence 4 to make.

I have no knowledge on how easy to develop this item would be however, so I don’t know if it’s even possible, I’d make a discussion post for it but they removed those :/

Why should this be added? (pros):
A good tactical item for tactical plays
Payday 2 perp addition

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- could be OP
- Could be impossible to develop or impossible to develop without game breaking bugs​

Last edited: