Server Suggestion Barrel Attachment for Shotguns (Breaching Device)

Reaction score
I realize this has been suggested before countless times, dating all the way back to 2015. I'm writing this in hopes of getting shotguns to see some more use since they're so overused and you know I just love these things, the gamemode has also changed drastically since it has been suggested. If this is accepted I will also suggest adding this sort of attachment for the PLPD.

Description of the idea: Add a new barrel attachment that allows you to shoot off the hinges/door lock with the use of a attachment that focuses bullet spread and minimizes injury for the use of breaching wooden doors (possibly metal too? up to Devs for this balance wise). This would also slightly improve bullet spread for shotguns and make them tighter if so desired by the Devs, or just make it a tool, anything to give them a incentive to craft and use.

Why should this be added? (pros): Bring more use to shotguns since they're outshined and also mostly outclassed by any other category of firearms available.

New breaching method for Police as well as raiding method, think of it as a less lethal and faster way of raiding if you're a criminal instead of spamming explosives like a no brainer.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Police always resort to this method of raiding instead of using battering rams (Policies have to be put in place to prevent this).

*Other additions: Depending on how Devs want to code this, you should be able to just shoot the approximate location of a door hinge or door lock off and the door will open instantly (or fall off) if you're close to the door within 1 shot, if they want to be extra fancy they could make it so that the door just breaks completely and spawns wooden gibs like a wooden fence that exploded via a bomb. The breaching device is needed in order to shoot the door hinge/lock off.

Another way to implement this is to make it an action like bandaging, refilling magazines, etc. You focus the shotgun on the door for about 3 seconds and it will do the work for you, firing a shot and breaching the door.

Also, if we have no competent 3D model available you might as well just use a Flash Hider as they look pretty similar to the breaching device.

*Images/Media:
4X44QOR.png

c51cc25e7f22569f5de3dc6e9d28a14d.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think this should be the only option that doesn’t instantly open the door as well. It makes it a loud tactic but still doesn’t allow you to surprise rush a door with it like the surprise of C2.

If we let the gun instantly open the door we would need to keep a balance for the whole array of breaching equipment.

Maybe as this is so fast and instant, you can simply detach the mod from the front of the gun without an armoury like the van, it would make player damage even more dismal unless very close range.

Reaction score
I think this should be the only option that doesn’t instantly open the door as well. It makes it a loud tactic but still doesn’t allow you to surprise rush a door with it like the surprise of C2.

If we let the gun instantly open the door we would need to keep a balance for the whole array of breaching equipment.

Maybe as this is so fast and instant, you can simply detach the mod from the front of the gun without an armoury like the van, it would make player damage even more dismal unless very close range.
or you would have to attach it from your trunk? so it is policy you arent allowed to have it standard on but only when raids and with a 75% success rate for a balance?

Reaction score
or you would have to attach it from your trunk? so it is policy you arent allowed to have it standard on but only when raids and with a 75% success rate for a balance?
I think it should maybe have a possible failure rate and need of another shot. Could result in a fast raid rush

Reaction score
it can be done without a choke but the choke sure helps

Reaction score
it can be done without a choke but the choke sure helps
If anything I added the choke in order to sightly improve spread to give it an incentive to use and not just as a tool for breaching. If any shotgun could breach like this then it'd be broken IMO which is why I'd see only making its way for pump-action and only if you'd have the attachment installed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm up for the attachment to give them less spread but I don't know about the opening doors part. Would make them very OP wouldn't it?!!! It's not like they are completely useless to need that big of a buff.

Reaction score
I'm up for the attachment to give them less spread but I don't know about the opening doors part. Would make them very OP wouldn't it?!!! It's not like they are completely useless to need that big of a buff.
please tell me how this would be more op than a org raiding you with 5 timed explosives

Reaction score
please tell me how this would be more op than a org raiding you with 5 timed explosives
I mean, at least timed explosives give you a heads up, are more expensive (I hope) and are only used once before they get destroyed.

Reaction score
Any gun would be able to "Breach" a door, its just shotguns allow for a lower powered shell which fires a “breaching slug” which is designed to penetrate a hard wooden surface and break into pieces as it does so.

Reaction score
Any gun would be able to "Breach" a door, its just shotguns allow for a lower powered shell which fires a “breaching slug” which is designed to penetrate a hard wooden surface and break into pieces as it does so.
Fuck it, make every door like CS:GO that breaks down piece by piece after being shot