Extract Ammo From Magazines

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Ok, so, you got a magazine in a gun that you'd like to get bullets from. Lets say it's a STANAG 5.56x45mm magazine and it has 22 bullets in it. I imagine it'd be annoying to code in to make the game realize exactly what amount of ammo you'll receive from the magazine. So, instead of taking the half empty magazine to A'blaze'it and having to get that shit coded in likely taking more effort to do, what you do is make it so every magazine gets a fixed rate of ammunition. What do I mean by this? Well, if it's a 30 rounder magazine and it has 22 bullets in it, the player will need to take an existing rifle ammo box, load the magazine to a full 30 rounds, take the full magazine to A'Blaze'It, and extract the full capacity of the magazine from there giving you 30 rifle ammo bullets in rifle ammo form while also giving you the magazine back.

Why should this be added? (pros): Would allow people to make use of magazines they filled at one point and never use anymore.
Would also allow raiders to profit from bullets in the guns of the people they raided.

What negatives could this have? (cons): I can't think of any.

*Other additions: [list here]

Reaction score
This has been suggested before and denied IIRC. I do like this idea. At least I think it should be possible to use mags to refill the same mags by dragging them over each other in your inventory.