Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
xfire-truck-rescue.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Uqt9-QuhDx.jpg
Topic:
Firefighter Job/Vehicle Suggestions

Short explanation:
-Add extra utilities to firefighters.

Detailed description:
After playing and experiencing the Firefighter job, I realised how insufficient it is when trying to put out fires at long/higher distances and so I thought of some possibilities that could be added to make roleplay of the firefighter seem more sufficient and usable.

1. Fire-truck ladder (extendable/retractable with a platform and waterhose at the end for higher/longer distanced for fires or rescues which could help stop the risk of firefighters being injured or killed.
motelalpha.jpg

2. Fire-fighter ladder (extendable/retractable to help reach higher levels of buildings from the outside and help rescue civilians).
JL11.jpg

These are just a few suggestions that I think could help improve roleplay with Firefighters, I know it's not much or even required, I just think that firefighters should have extra equipment just as the rest of the emergency service.

Optional additions:
-Currently, non.

Thankyou for reading, feel free to reply with your thoughts.

Reaction score
I would love to see the Fire-truck ladder ingame, would be awesome, but the firefighter ladder, i dont know how we could use it, because you never need to rescue people from buildings, like maybe sometimes if someone is going to jump and try to kill himself you can put it there to get him down but i think that wont happen that much.

Im +/-

Reaction score
I have something for you. I have made a suggestion with the same wish: a ladder truck but it got denied. Due to GMod not supporting the physics for it and it being completely unnecessary on the server, I will tell you that this will get denied. Trust me, I am a Firefighter.

Ash

Reaction score
I wouldn't see the need for this as not many buildings have open roofs or open windows; They are all closed meaning you wouldn't be able to put a fire out with them. In addition to Manner, I also agree because the Physics may not be able to maintain it.
-Support.

MattIs

-Support
In hammer you cant have a dynamic ladder system unless done with a prop in which case its another model which is likely eligible to bug out the physics engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Garry's Mod physics... Oh well, it was just an idea.

Reaction score
I have seen ladders on another perp before and it got abused so much. And for that truck I think it's too excessive as I've never saw such a thing on the workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.