Map Suggestion Fire Fighter job changes

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Fire Fighter job changes
Suggestion Description: If 2+ firefighters are on duty make the fires spawn faster.

Why should this be added?:
Alot of downtime between fires. Just want a small increase in the time fires spawn.

What negatives could this have?:
a negative could be firefighter engines too active out in the city making the immersion unrealistic so the changes must be effective and minimal.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: gets rid of afk gameplay while waiting for fires for long periods of time. Most of the firefighters im with just watch videos till another pops up eventually. Its better if we are more enticed to focus on the game were playing.

Reaction score
What happens is i feel like the script hangs sometimes and we get no fires. Once the script operates right we get so many fires we cant even make it back to station before another one and thats with 2-3 fire fighters. Other times theres 40 minutes with no fires.

Another BIG part is that the distance check is too violent. It will not start a fire near players but the distance needs to be fixed. For example bazzar woods can be on fire with alot of players, some of the subs houses can be the un owned ones, and church woods with players around. None of it would effect gameplay majorly. With 128 players on theres too many and we only get 1 spot thats active if even due to the distance check being too cautious.

i think the speed isnt the problem but the core script itself.

Reaction score
What happens is i feel like the script hangs sometimes and we get no fires. Once the script operates right we get so many fires we cant even make it back to station before another one and thats with 2-3 fire fighters. Other times theres 40 minutes with no fires.

Another BIG part is that the distance check is too violent. It will not start a fire near players but the distance needs to be fixed. For example bazzar woods can be on fire with alot of players, some of the subs houses can be the un owned ones, and church woods with players around. None of it would effect gameplay majorly. With 128 players on theres too many and we only get 1 spot thats active if even due to the distance check being too cautious.

i think the speed isnt the problem but the core script itself.

Thank you for mentioning all of this! What i noticed through a test i did one night is that i can pull over on the road after the off ramp towards the suburbs/farm and i get a bunch of fires in the farm and woods for a while not far from me. Still takes a while though between fires...., but when another player joins firefighter then it starts putting fires across the map. It may be random or may be based on player distance like u said.. Even so it doesn't even bother me much on the distance compared to the timing of the fires as i play toward the end of prime time and late night est.

Reaction score
Thank you for mentioning all of this! What i noticed through a test i did one night is that i can pull over on the road after the off ramp towards the suburbs/farm and i get a bunch of fires in the farm and woods for a while not far from me. Still takes a while though between fires...., but when another player joins firefighter then it starts putting fires across the map. It may be random or may be based on player distance like u said.. Even so it doesn't even bother me much on the distance compared to the timing of the fires as i play toward the end of prime time and late night est.
No it is actually distance based. It does the check every so often and then does nothing if a player is too close to the spot it picks, waits, then repeat until it works. This was how it was explained to me by people who know more than we do.

Reaction score
No it is actually distance based. It does the check every so often and then does nothing if a player is too close to the spot it picks, waits, then repeat until it works. This was how it was explained to me by people who know more than we do.
Then yeah we need to get the time fixed to be stable. #FireFightersUnite

Reaction score
If 2+ firefighters are on duty make the fires spawn faster.
This is already a thing. When there are 6 firefighters there are often new fires less than 5 minutes after the last one being put out.

Another BIG part is that the distance check is too violent. It will not start a fire near players but the distance needs to be fixed
There is no distance check, there is only an area check to prevent people from burning to death or losing stuff due to a fire spawning on them. They are all fairly narrow already, so can't really be reduced.

When there is a single firefighter, there is 96% chance there will be a fire by 30 minutes after the previous one.

The main problem is that fires don't spawn near properties that are owned, which often means fires cannot spawn on any property due to so many being owned. I think the solution to this is to allow fires to spawn near owned but empty properties. I will look at making some tweaks, but I won't be blinding increasing the spawn rate.