Fishing for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
gzwn1QV.png

Essentials

Before you even start fishing, you need a fishing rod(s). Fishing rods can be purchased at the pub, which is located at the Docks. I would advise getting at least 3 rods if you want to make quite a bit of profit.

bfd3fef0c3080772692d206066f13122.png
bfd3fef0c3080772692d206066f13122.png
aac1334512b7c83b7ba581e974fa610d.png

Here's an explanation to how fishing actually works, and it's fairly simple:

Step 1 - The rod(s) are placed on a flat surface, so that the hook is actually in the water;
Step 2 - When you have caught a fish, you will get a notification saying, "Your fishing rod begins to shake around;"
Step 3 - You can use your fists to get the hook out of the water (E+LMB);
Step 4 - Press 'E' on the fish and it will be in your inventory. You may then put the rod back down in the water.

There is also a chance that a giant fish can steal your fishing rod when your fishing hook is in water. You will get a notification saying:
"A giant fish steals your rod and swims away!" Then you have to buy a new rod.

Can I do this with an unlimited amount of rods?

No, you cannot. There is a limit for the amount of rods you can have, which are decided by whether you have VIP or not. Fishing rod limits:

Non-VIP - 3 fishing rods maximum
VIP - 4 fishing rods maximum

How much can I sell my fish for?

There are currently three different types of fish: Cod, Trout and Salmon. The selling prices for uncooked fish are as follows:

Cod - $125
Trout - $200
Salmon - $250

What you can actually 'fish' for:

You can fish for all the three types of fish, which are: Cod, Trout and Salmon. There is also a chance that you could get more valuable items. Some of these items include: Weapon stocks, glue, crafting materials, etc. (Will be updated with all the items when fishing has been out a while)

Where can I fish?

There are currently three main places that are effective where you can fish.

The Docks

52b10500818a8778123a4a9af81e438f.png
321ab4a103d6683cba551efcabe5136f.png

The Docks is probably the least populated area for fishing due to a few reasons. First of all, other players can mug you here as it is in a private area. Furthermore, it's not near any storage containers or properties which makes it really difficult when transporting and selling fish, especially when you don't have a van.

The Beach

b1f06a871582c4bf875331df924b1a08.png
fbe8232203f274ac12b8a1e2ec26cb51.png

The Beach is used more frequently due to other players not being allowed to mug you in that area as the beach is considered a public place. However, it does have it's flaws. Similar to the docks, there are no properties or storage chests nearby, but there is the Fredy's bakery where you can sell your uncooked fish.

Hicktown

2d2be853eeed9edefe8c05cfaa944f0e.png
54543049934db39e87af15e1970321ae.jpg

Hicktown is the most popular area for fishing. There are 3 trailers right next to where you're fishing, therefore is very efficient for you being able to transport your fish. However, there is a huge risk factor when fishing here. Other players are allowed to mug you here, and it's probably the most common mugging area in paralake, except for the Drug Dealer.

Efficient Strategies

Transportation

Transportation is key if you're looking to make a lot of profit from fish. Luckily, there are many ways you can transport your fish to storage quickly.

Portable chests - Portable storage chests are chests that can be spawned and picked back up without losing any of the contents inside. They are very useful if you're at a place like Docks or Beach where there aren't any storage resources nearby. However, the storage chests can only hold a maximum of 50 weight, therefore can't carry tons of fish. The only ways to obtain chests are by crafting them or by buying them from other players.

497aa83ec76229c09e16becfe4bd3b04.png

Transit van - A transit van is the best option for transport if you're at Docks or Beach. It can hold approximately 350 weight, thus can fit quite a lot of fish in. This means that you will have to do trips to sell or store them every 30 or so minutes, but it would be worth it. The main flaw to this is that the transit van costs approximately $150,000 depending on the current taxes, although it may be a great investment.

Property storage - This is by far the most efficient strategy for storing fish. However, this can only be done at Hicktown. You can run straight to your storage chest every time you have 15 fish on you, and there's no limits to the amount you can store!

Best way to fish

There are currently many designs of ways to fish, which are all done using props. If you don't have props, I'd strongly advise that you craft short and large wooden boards or buy them for other players. Once you have done that, you can make your own fishing design. Your fishing designs can be copied or influenced by other players once you've found out what works best for you. This can be done due to the volume of people fishing at Hicktown daily and I'm sure they wouldn't mind you copying their design.

3972b219b105bb0686da6b6354825488.png

Still need help?

If you're still unsure about anything then feel free to comment on the thread and I'll reply and update the thread with an FAQ eventually.

gzwn1QV.png

If I'm missing anything please tell me, thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
you forgot the part where some Israeli sados come to mug you for all your precious cod only to get shot down by the police and cry in ooc

Reaction score
The guide has been updated, which includes:

The giant fish stealing your rod;
the new valuable items update;
new images added to help new players.

Reaction score
and you forgot to mention that the fishing setup that you are making has to look realistic where your doesn't. If @Bolli would have seen this setup with hes own 2 eyes you would be eaten by piranha fishes at hicktown.

Reaction score
Great guide you've made here Mango! It will definitely come in handy for those who are beginners in fishing and want to make a decent profit out of it!

Thread stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.