Server Suggestion Further controls on the tv

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Further controls on the tv
Suggestion Description: Make it so you can fast forward the tv and rewind it. you could aso add a queuing system so you can queue other videos. also be able to access who can touch your tv

Why should this be added?:
accessibility

What negatives could this have?:
none

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
just put the youtube link at a timestamp :D
But what If I wanna rewind in-game just seems annoying keep getting timestamps also would be better to have more accessibility with the tv

Last edited:
Reaction score
TV playlist queue
Suggestion Description: Implement a playlist to add/create on the TV so you don't have to keep inputting a video link at different times. Also add an option to save/delete this entire playlist, along with options to move the ordering of the video, remove a selection of videos from list, play now button, shuffle button, repeat playlist/video. TV's have always been a nice touch to the server so seeing it given some attention would be sweet.

Why should this be added?:
- Allows people to set up their own YouTube playlist of music to keep playing in the background

What negatives could this have?:
- I don't think there is any other than the potential time it could take to code this?

Ayjay

Reaction score
I've played around with this a little bit, the thing that is restricting us here is the YouTube API. There's currently no easy way to seek videos X amount of time, only specify a timestamp on load of the video. So if you copy and paste a YouTube URL with a timecode, it will play from that place in the video on the in-game TV (this is already in the game).

Reaction score
I've played around with this a little bit, the thing that is restricting us here is the YouTube API. There's currently no easy way to seek videos X amount of time, only specify a timestamp on load of the video. So if you copy and paste a YouTube URL with a timecode, it will play from that place in the video on the in-game TV (this is already in the game).
Can't you just make the TV store the video link temporarily while it plays/is paused, and if you scrub through, it'll use YouTube's formatting for timestamps to jump to the point you specified? It would re-load the video, but jump to where you want it to.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Can't you just make the TV store the video link temporarily while it plays/is paused, and if you scrub through, it'll use YouTube's formatting for timestamps to jump to the point you specified? It would re-load the video, but jump to where you want it to.
In theory you could do this, but not in a very meaningful way. The best solution would be to add a seek +10s & -10s button which would just add or remove 10 to the timestamp value. Not sure how well this will work in practice, but I'll play around with it.

Reaction score
QUEUE is literally all made up silent letters except the letter Q so any spelling is acceptable Fredy. I want my money back! You harlot!