Headset is absolutely sausaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So basically, my headset sound keeps cutting out whilst im playing game's it causes me to do Snd_restart, but unfortunately that makes my game completely crash and my pc just goes blank i have to completely restart my pc. I have to fiddle with my headset jack whilst it's in the pc for it to work again. It's not just my headset, i think it may be my pc. Anybody know a fix, or will i have to completely buy a new one?

This is my headset, if this helps. They're usually used as Xbox headsets.
41yMRD4TRML.jpg

Reaction score
Well first try with another headset, if that doesnt work, try reinstalling sound drivers, if it still doesn't work, get a new soundcard

Reaction score
But i've tried a blue snowball aswell, but i still have the same problem?
Must be your headphone jack then. If you tend to yank the cables up a lot then it can damage the internals of the headphone jack itself. If you're desperate then you can try getting a paperclip to try and prop the connection upwards in order for it to stop cutting out.

Reaction score
Sounds to me as if the headset jack is buggered up, which often is the case when headsets/ear plugs start cutting/not working. It is possible to repair this yourself, if that is the case. Solder a new jack onto the headset's wire.
Etyomtics-ER6i-repair-021.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.