I finally acquired one of my “dream guitars”

Reaction score
I woke up, looked on rich tone music, saw this for sale, and immediately got up and ordered it, talk about a right start to the day. I’ve ordered it and it should be here tomorrow or Monday.

7B63541D-2DFA-4FC8-AC8F-3EA9F32D36C2.jpeg

It’s a Westone “Dimension 4” from 1985-87, made in Japan. This guitar was only in production for 3 years. For its age from what I can tell from the photos it is in near perfect condition.

The guitar features a unique wiring system where the middle pickup, rather than being switch activated, is blended into the tone via one of the knobs on the body. The humbucking bridge and neck pickups can also be coil split to achieve Stratocaster style tones. This also means it’s possible to have all 3 pickups work at the same time, something that is rare for guitars nowadays and sounds very unique, like Brian May of Queens Lead guitar tone.

Another unique aspect of this guitar is it’s painted fretboard. I don’t know how it feels to play a painted fretboard.

As visible from the lack of wear on the fretboard paint I assume this wasn’t played often and that I’ve grabbed a real mint piece.

These weren’t very popular upon release as evident by their 3 year production period however they were used by the guitarist of the Heavy metal band venom in the 80s and the Black metal band marduk in the 90s.

Even if I don’t like the guitar it will make one hell of a wall piece.

That is all.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Me after getting forum fragged by mud pearse (also after my vaping habit kills me)

• Agree
Reactions: Max
Reaction score
I woke up, looked on rich tone music, saw this for sale, and immediately got up and ordered it, talk about a right start to the day. I’ve ordered it and it should be here tomorrow or Monday.

View attachment 12090

It’s a Westone “Dimension 4” from 1985-87, made in Japan. This guitar was only in production for 3 years. For its age from what I can tell from the photos it is in near perfect condition.

The guitar features a unique wiring system where the middle pickup, rather than being switch activated, is blended into the tone via one of the knobs on the body. The humbucking bridge and neck pickups can also be coil split to achieve Stratocaster style tones. This also means it’s possible to have all 3 pickups work at the same time, something that is rare for guitars nowadays and sounds very unique, like Brian May of Queens Lead guitar tone.

Another unique aspect of this guitar is it’s painted fretboard. I don’t know how it feels to play a painted fretboard.

As visible from the lack of wear on the fretboard paint I assume this wasn’t played often and that I’ve grabbed a real mint piece.

These weren’t very popular upon release as evident by their 3 year production period however they were used by the guitarist of the Heavy metal band venom in the 80s and the Black metal band marduk in the 90s.

Even if I don’t like the guitar it will make one hell of a wall piece.

That is all.
looks good when you gonna buy an hummer and play kiss?

Reaction score
it's been two days and we've heard no update. did man like vaas vagan get dropped by the one and only top fragger mud piss?

• Informative
Reactions: Max