Improving/Fixing Burst Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Edit 04/05/2020: Please check my latest reply.

Description of the idea: Fix or improve the burst fire, making it more controllable than other modes. Due to the weapon update (and marksmanship update) the M16 and SG550 (also MP5 with its burst fire) have become very unpopular choices due to automatic firearms taking over and burst fire having very high recoil on these weapons, even with compensators.

Burst fire felt very different before the weapon update. Bursts were actually going on your target on medium range engagements while also having a noticable delay before you could fire another burst. You can spam it which feels very weird (and admittedly shouldn't be done with these weapons) and makes them hard to use but even if you use them as intended.

I made this thread because of a old bug report but I was hoping that these guns could get a buff instead if devs have no idea wtf I'm talking about because of their high recoil and literally seeing no use now a days https://github.com/FredyH/Perpheads-Issues/issues/743

Why should this be added? (pros): Burst fire weapons such as the M16 and SG550 actually being used. Both of them excel at their job but sadly only at single fire modes and having no viability in close quarters. Back pre-TFU update I ran with the SG with burst fire, it was pretty fun to use but it's hard to show any footage of it in action.

What negatives could this have? (cons): None that I can think of, other than these weapons finally seeing some use again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
M16 is a bigger gun than the M4 whilst shooting the same round anyways so by default it should have less recoil.

The annoying thing about PERP burst fire mechanics is that they’re really hard to control for some reason whilst full auto is manageable.

QUOTE="Creepis, post: 317285, member: 349"]
also MP5 with its burst fire
[/QUOTE]

MP5A4 on burst is fine for some reason, it’s just like shooting a glock but with burst in terms of controllability IIRC. The MP5/10 I haven’t tried in over a year on burst since I just use it to full auto people. The MP5K is not that great on burst, I don’t know why the fuck it even has the burst option.

FAMAS is probably ok on burst, albeit has a high rate of fire and the last shot is pretty off target But I haven’t used it in combat since early 2019 So idk.

Reaction score
Slight bump, I have been trying some weapons with burst fire and it seems to be a problem depending on the gun. M16 and SG suck the most with their recoil. The MP5K in the video is bare bones and is actually really good with burst.
Some improvement still needed however.

Reaction score
Could make burst fire mode have even less recoil and spread than automatic but at the expense of having a slight 25th of a second delay between bursts?

Status
Not open for further replies.