Police Suggestion Increase OR Requirement

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Increase OR Requirement
Suggestion Description: Recently there has been ALOT of talk about sweater cops and how they ruin everything etc. people calling for time requirement for cop etc. etc.

I disagree with this and believe we need to do more to support our new officers.

I believe that we as corporals should be doing more ORs. The requirement is 2 a month. ORs are the best way to see an officers performance and to help them improve.

I believe if we were all doing our roles to the highest standard we would do at least 1 OR each time we are on duty.

I am just as guilty as all the other corporals of rushing to get ORs done at end of the month but in reality we could do so many more which would intern, support the whole community.

I havent said a number i would like it raised to as i am interested to see other peoples opinions.

Why should this be added?:
-better cops, better server.
-better QoL for new cops
-better standard of cops
-more attention given to new cops 

What negatives could this have?:
-Cpl+ sad because they have to do ORs 

Reaction score
How exactly does forcing Corporals+ into doing more OR’s come to be a solution towards increasing the quality of officers, especially if we talk about minge cops.

Understandably people who SEEK OR’s are going to benefit from the feedback but the main culprits of this whole argument are cops who are usually fucking around and lacking basic knowledge.

Like I’ve said before, we have a new officer test and it will be released sometime this week. This will help weed out minges and increase the expected level of knowledge for anyone becoming an officer.

Increasing OR requirements are absolutely not the way to go about this issue and would certainly cause several people to resign.

Reaction score
  • Staff
How exactly does forcing Corporals+ into doing more OR’s come to be a solution towards increasing the quality of officers, especially if we talk about minge cops.

Understandably people who SEEK OR’s are going to benefit from the feedback but the main culprits of this whole argument are cops who are usually fucking around and lacking basic knowledge.

Like I’ve said before, we have a new officer test and it will be released sometime this week. This will help weed out minges and increase the expected level of knowledge for anyone becoming an officer.

Increasing OR requirements are absolutely not the way to go about this issue and would certainly cause several people to resign.
Why do we wait to be asked to do ORs and not go to new officers and offer to do an OR.

Alot of new officers dont even know what an OR is.

You say 'lacking basic knowledge' how do we give them this?

Reaction score
Why do we wait to be asked to do ORs and not go to new officers and offer to do an OR.
There is no we, this is an individually isolated decision - I ask in gov if anyone needs an OR, and I see other people doing this too. At the end of the day, OR's are being done and we are not going to force people to perform observation reports every time they're on duty which is an unrealistic utopian standard/idea which you wouldn't even hold yourself to.

You say 'lacking basic knowledge' how do we give them this?
Same way we have been doing it since PD became whitelisted, having a test? It forces you to study and read up on standard operating procedure so you gain the knowledge to pass the exam. To be clear, the officer test is going to be slightly harder and it'll test specific criteria in relation to problems people have reported having or seeing with newer officers.

Reaction score
This wouldn't change a thing because people don't want to do OR's in the first place so what would forcing more accomplish? The fact I have to write up more OR's at the end of the month?

Actually make OR's rewarding for corps+ like 10k per report or some shit, they are the most boring shit to do and all you have to do in the end is write some generic positives (negatives should always be genuine and honest)

Reaction score
Genuienly, as a supervisor the answer is just: No.

I have to beg people at times to meet the 2 OR quota at the end of the month. Most of the time, I mainly hand out ORs when I see an officer perform extremely well, even if they're not patrolling with me.

I'd do more ORs from just observing people, if I had a questionare where I just ticket rate from 0 to 5 and at the end a summary. (or on the ones we rated 1 or 2)

There's only a few different ways you can write "Officer has good/bad communication, investigations and blabla abilities".

The issue is less that the supervisors aren't doing enough, it's more that the system currently in place does not meet the requirements of what is actually needed.

Reaction score
Corporals being forced to do ORs is something I've always disagreed with, it was never a supervisory rank so why make them carry out supervisory duties? Sure, if a corporal wants to apply for sergeant they should be actively doing ORs but most people don't want to be forced into meeting quotas in a game.

Reaction score
Corporals being forced to do ORs is something I've always disagreed with, it was never a supervisory rank so why make them carry out supervisory duties? Sure, if a corporal wants to apply for sergeant they should be actively doing ORs but most people don't want to be forced into meeting quotas in a game.
Funnily enough: Quotas discourage you from giving out quality ORs, rather you just write something up just to meet it. I don't think any CPL has an issue writing an OR if they think they gathered enough from a patrol to write one.

Reaction score
Absolutely not. I threw away police because it was impossible to get OR's. It took me YEARS to get enough OR and playtime to get from normal cop to senior without issues because as an american I was always on when the command staff was not (Pre ip change and slot increase). I would not wish on my enemies to go through what I did. Making more OR to get higher rank is bad.

Reaction score
Absolutely not. I threw away police because it was impossible to get OR's. It took me YEARS to get enough OR and playtime to get from normal cop to senior without issues because as an american I was always on when the command staff was not (Pre ip change and slot increase). I would not wish on my enemies to go through what I did. Making more OR to get higher rank is bad.
Sorry, i think you misread my suggestion!

I want the completion requirement to be higher!

So Cpl+ have to give more, not officers need to get more

Reaction score
Sorry, i think you misread my suggestion!

I want the completion requirement to be higher!

So Cpl+ have to give more, not officers need to get more
Indeed. However even then my point still stands. I failed corporal due to hidden policies but the thing that keeps me from retrying it other than the contradictory handbook is that getting the three OR's it needs is a nightmare and getting even more would make me hate PD even more.

Reaction score
Absolutely not.

A lot of people also have other responsibilities outside of PERP but still are able to meet the current requirement. Even if this were to be acted on and increased, Multiple people would end up resigning and you'd then have a lack of CPLs and SGTs active to do ORs.
If this were to be accepted, then the OR system would need to be changed as whilst it takes no more than 5-15 minutes to write a good OR, It's currently a bit too long and tedious. Something like a grading system would be much better than just ranking 1-5 with a small summary at the end where we can put good and bad feedback and the officer can just see the whole OR.

I myself will admit that recent activity has been lacking and I was in trouble for not doing them however at the moment things have started to speed up with my IRL Job and Education with assessments, Workplace Projects, and workplace activities so close around the corner I'm having to spend more time outside my contracted hours to get this done.

Reaction score
This will literally make the issue worse, we need MORE people not take care them off with more mandatory work, a workload that is massive the way your suggesting

Reaction score
Bro wants me to write 5 OR's a month like its a real job. You know how demoralizing that would be. Not only would it make me not want to be cpl it would make my OR's less quality. I give 2 really good OR's well written and well observed each month so we can tell the bad from the good. What we need is more corporals.