Is Fishing Better Than Drugs?! | How Profitable Is It

Reaction score
Let's find out together!

Say that you catch 1 fish every 15 seconds.
If you fish at the docks and sell the fish you get at the pub, the small trip from docks to pub and docks again should take around 30 seconds.
When you reach the food limit, you should have an average of 1 salmon, 6 trouts and 8 cods each time.
The time it takes to get those 15 fish is 3 minutes and 45 seconds. Adding the 30 seconds, the whole process should take an approximate of 4 minutes and 15 seconds.

A raw cod sells for 125$, a raw trout for 200$ and a raw salmon for 250$.
Cooking the fish before you sell them is more of a pain than a gain so just sell them raw.

We conclude that by fishing, you get around 2450$ every 4 minutes and 15 seconds.
That is ~22.050$ every ~40 minutes.
According to a nice man, John Valli, who answered my question, you get like 28.000$ by growing weed for 40 minutes.

So the answer is NO, fishing is not more profitable than drugs, but you can still get quite the money out of it if you are willing to continuously move your mouse, pressing E and walking for a lot of minutes, maybe even hours as opposed to the ability to just go idle while growing drugs.

You can also grow at the same time which is cool... I just fish and play minesweeper, at least I did when I had VIP.

If I made a mistake in my calculations please make me ashamed with a reply and I'll correct it.
Edit: This only applies if you are a normal person using 1 fishing rod, intellectuals using multiple earn like billions each hour.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a hassle moving everything in and out of your trunk, I couldn't even be arsed to cook all of my 100 fish or so I caught in under a hour or so but I still got 24K out of it which is still nice.

Original design, do not steal.
JlCTR8t.jpg

Reaction score
30 fishing rods my guy

Would be impossible to maintain. Fishing rods glitch a lot and by the time you get to the other end, the first side would be ready again. Not to mention that you can only carry 15 on you at a time.

Reaction score
Alright, Me and @Glacial_Subzero tried fishing when it first came out.
One rod I made 4.8k and he made 5.2k. So lets say 5k per 15 minutes. (We fished for 15 minutes)
So thats for using one rod.

Then I tried using 5 rods and fished for as long as i could until my van is full and my inventory. This took me 27 minutes. I earned 34k from that.
I wasn't using any props at the time so for me it was more of a ''struggle'' but still good money but a lot of effort.

Now let's say you use props to benefit you while fishing it's almost guaranteed you can make a lot more money. Doing this with drugs on the side would make some really good money.

Does it need to be nerfed?
Mhm , In my opinion no. You need to be constantly doing something , you are able to get mugged as well and overall you need to put a lot of effort in there.

Deleted member 5920

Honestly if it does make more it's not a big deal, it's not very hard to buy a house, make aids defence, plant drugs then set a timer and AFK and every few hours refilling water. Compared with the constant monitoring fishing needs, along with the fact that you have the possibility of being mugged which is a lot more than the chance you have of being raided successfully.