Is Paralake_FM dying?

Reaction score
As I have reasent noticed that the IG PL_FM radio isen't working anymore I began to question myself:

Did @Roj leave perp and quit PLFM?

I then checked Sam broadcaster live were i still had access but I couldn't stream/go on air as if the link was removed from the server.

My look into PLFM:
There has been allmost any PLFM staff meetings or reminderes "MEMOS"
PLFM began to become inactive a month or so later after it was created.

This is how I understand after have spoken with some of the other PLFM staff members

- DeltaForce

Reaction score
Listen, if you're a DJ then @Roj will inform you soon what has happened. Be patient and wait. It's not only because he quit perpheads. He already said that in the PLFM conversation.

Reaction score
Listen, if you're a DJ then @Roj will inform you soon what has happened. Be patient and wait. It's not only because he quit perpheads. He already said that in the PLFM conversation.

Now regarding your statement as far as I know he replied on the 3-1-2017 with something like this
I already left lol, when im home ill explain what happend. Danny and Rogue know wtf is up

I asume @Roj is home by now KeiwaM

Also thanks to @Skudist for PM'ing me with what is kinda going on

Reaction score
Don't worry my friends, paralakeFM took of at a good start and we still have many ideas to kepp it going ans have fun all together. We will post stomething soon - lack of time caused some issues few weeks back.

:)

Reaction score
ParalakeFM signed it's death wish as soon as they denied DJ Brennan, the prophecy has been foretold, but they didn't want to listen

Reaction score
When Paralake.FM was around actual decent songs and DJs were on air. Now it was just a fucking meme fest with DJs playing Ermak songs and other kind of stupid shit (I believe Roj played it himself), it was a horrible reboot and put shame to it's name and I even wanted @Fredy to remove the .pls stream from in-game because of how terrible it was. I suggest to leave the site work for and everything to @Riekelt, it was great in the beginning. Oh, and make DJBrennan a thing already.

Reaction score
Remember when ParalakeFM had 75 concurrent listeners? I 'member.

685741_1.jpg

#MoveTheDomainOverToRiekeltAgain

On all seriousness, I'd gladly take over again once I finish developing Volts, as at this point the costs and logistics to running a simple radio station is way to damn high, and I'm out to change that.

Reaction score
No idea what has happened to Roj, he's disappeared off the face of the earth. He was fined for playing copyrighted music on the radio stream last time I heard of him.

He did join MelonStick for a bit then has left that now, and that was the last I really spoke to him.

Reaction score
To just add to my previous response, it's kind of sad to see ParalakeFM's name suffering like this.

When I started ParalakeFM it was all about entertaining it's listeners, and not having a giggle with some memetastic (or whatever you call it) music. It even used to say so on the website itself, and I put a lot of effort into developing the image for ParalakeFM, which was generally a good source of music with semi-moderated broadcasters.

I feel that the reason the name damage has been done is not so much because of the DJ's but because of the lack of a good way to express distaste in what ParalakeFM is currently playing, even when the entire server could agree with it. One of the first features of the original ParalakeFM website was the report system, which was deliberately put so that people can show their distaste, or inform management about unacceptable behavior on air. And we actually took that feedback and improved.

I guess all I can really say is that maybe 2017 will see a reboot of ParalakeFM, and hopefully it will be as enjoyable as it used to be, back in December 2015.

Reaction score
I got told that apparently Roj has to pay some copyright stuff because his radio streamed "copyrighted music" which makes no sense to me but oki =)

Anyways I would like Riekelt back in action, he took the job very seriously and not as a one time thing, it was set-up with rules and everything, even though it might seem funny in the beginning it as @Riekelt stated himself it's sad to see the name go to this quality, no harsh feelings towards Roj but it's just the fact that it got really hyped and then died...

Dunno if they even asked Riekelt if they could do it but it was still annoying

Reaction score
I got told that apparently Roj has to pay some copyright stuff because his radio streamed "copyrighted music" which makes no sense to me but oki =)

The reason Roj has to do this and I did not is because I specifically chose a host that managed royalties for us, that basically meant that I could broadcast whatever the hell I wanted and not have to pay a dime, as long as I generated revenues for Radionomy by advertisements (which is why some of you heard ads before tuning into ParalakeFM, that basically paid our royalties, I got no money out of it whatsoever).

In the Netherlands there is an organization called Buma/Stemra that is dedicated to fucking over internet radio ownersgetting royalties to artists, and they probably sent Roj a letter and a fine, as he did not have a streaming license.