Is pluto a planet?

Reaction score
Here is the quiz guys is Pluto a planet?

Leave a comment below :cool:
I will come back in one hour with answers

Reaction score
pluto_3374599b.jpg

Obviously not :booty:

Reaction score
In 2003, an astronomer saw a new object beyond Pluto. The astronomer thought he had found a new planet. The object he saw was larger than Pluto. He named the object Eris (EER-is).

Finding Eris caused other astronomers to talk about what makes a planet a "planet." There is a group of astronomers that names objects in space. This group decided that Pluto was not really a planet because of its size and location in space. So Pluto and objects like it are now called dwarf planets.

Pluto is also called a plutoid. A plutoid is a dwarf planet that is farther out in space than the planet Neptune. The three known plutoids are Pluto, Eris and Makemake (MAH-kee-MAH-kee). Astronomers use telescopes to discover new objects like plutoids.

Scientists are learning more about the universe and Earth's place in it. What they learn may cause them to think about how objects like planets are grouped. Scientists group objects that are like each other to better understand them. Learning more about faraway objects in the solar system is helping astronomers learn more about what it means to be a planet.

So no, it isn't a planet but I heard they had another look how big it is and it's apparently a bit bigger than they once thought.

Reaction score
Its classification is Dwarf Planet I would say maybe yes considering that there are types of planets that includes gas giants.

Reaction score
As I'm intrested in space and how everything works I like to point out from the last pictures of Pluto it's been shown it has weird moons named; Styx, Kerberos, Nix, Hydra, Charon and Mordor Macula, now whats cool about these moons is that they move in a rather weird way;
as seen in the video they spin making them the weirdest moons in our solar system. Now looking into the planet itself it has mountains as seen here
9XzDhGD.jpg
now whats special about these mountains is that the surface is very Young and the planet is showing activity after 4.5 billion years,
Now thanks to New Horizon methane on top of Pluto has been discovered, which is also truly amazing, here is a picture of Pluto and with some wavelength
Graphic_of_a_spect_3377052b.jpg

Now this has proven that Pluto is nothing what we think it is what I can understand it was thought as a very old and "dead" planet but this has proven it's not. I would consider it a planet, a small and special one. @LordTyla even though a dwarf is a dwarf it's a human being, let's stick to that.