Issue with brakes on the car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello there,

I am having an issue when driving vehicles that has only occurred when I came back yesterday. The issue is whenever I try to break my vehicle using the "s" button to slow down and eventually come to a stop it doesn't seem to work or if it does work it works very poorly cause it results in me needing to use the handbrake which in turn causes me to look like I'm filming a Tokyo drift scene. I'll use this video as an example from yesterday where I almost crashed due to this S thing just not working:

As you see this is not a very good look especially when driving a police vehicle i try to be as professional as possible. Initially I thought it might be my keyboard, but that can't be the case cause it works fine with everything else even walking on perp, but I just can't figure out what as changed where the car acts this way.

Since I've not seen anyone else having the issue it leads me to believe it is my issue I just can't figure out what it is and how to fix it, I would appreciate the help if possible.

Reaction score
You're expecting to slow down from 140 kmh to somewhere around 50 kmh in the span of three seconds by the way you're driving, of course you're you're not going to slow down in time, might want to start slowing down earlier.

Reaction score
It has always been like that, the S brake is very weak so you have to use the handbrake. I assume that since you were going downhill in this, gravity did its thing and your braking didn't do anything to reduce your speed

Reaction score
Your engine was still going, you didn't start braking at the very top of the ramp, you began stopping when you were 3 seconds away from the stop sign, as long as you stop holding W your engine stops playing the usual engine sounds that the charger has, and since you didn't let go of W until the end of the ramp, you almost got splatted.

Reaction score
Do you even have a drivers license? When you took the theory I'm sure they brought up in your lessons at least once that there is a basic formula for calculating the distance needed for you to stop including before you even react. In 90MP/H/144KP/H, the distance needed to stop including the distance needed to react is 146,88 meters when you slam the brakes, since we're on a slope that goes downhill it will take even longer to come to a full stop. This does depend per vehicle as some brakes differ but it's still a good comparison.

Nothing wrong here, physics working as intended. Holding the handbrake sometimes works better than holding S on vehicles that have been in PERP for a long time without their handling having gotten an update for some time.

Reaction score
Thread can be closed.
At the time of making this thread I had just returned to the community and I've put the strangeness of the brakes being down to not being used to them at the time of returning.
For those who atleast tried supporting me thank you. For others including ex staff members who think they are being smart I would give a very kind recommendation that you refrain from using the support section of the forums :).

And for those who were trying to be smart saying "do you drive" yes it so happens I do, but as you know perp physics aren't real life and the brake system isn't exactly the best so stop making your smart remarks.

Again thanks to those who atleast tried to help even though I've just put it down to not being used to the system after coming back.​

Status
Not open for further replies.