Java Coding

Reaction score
Hello boys,

For my IT course I have been tasked with coding a simple snake game such as this one here.
maxresdefault.jpg
However I have no idea on how to code what so ever, I also can't seem to install the eclipse coder and that's what all the tutorials use in order to code this. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me to code this or teach me what the fuck I need to do, because honestly I have no clue.

I'm coding in Java by the way :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Use intellji idea. Its free and a lot easier.

EDIT:
Also. Try learning from minecraft coding tutorials. I know it sounds stupid. But even watching 2 videos of it. It will give you a general idea

Reaction score
Wow, this looks like a very hard task for your first time programming something in Java. Here are some tipps, I can give you:
Use IntelliJ.
Inorder to draw stuff on the screen I would recommend you using JavaFX. Theres some tutorials out there.
Make sure to download JDK, before installing IntelliJ.
Google and stackoverflow are your friends

If you need help with anything, I got 2 years (Not that much) experience with Java, so just poke me in TS and I will help you!

Last edited:

Lee

Reaction score

If you need help, let me know through a PM. I can teamviewer the whole lession with you; granted if you want that.

The most important thing is your level of understanding. If you just watch the video and copy what the gentleman is typing, it wont help you accomplish anything. Do not go out and try to find the project already done and turn it in. I will help you learn why and how these things work.