K4 - 16 police and S.W.A.T. suggestions. (ideas 15-30/<less than 166>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Important, less important and not so important changes to Police, S.W.A.T. and Speed Enforcement.

Being a dedicated police officer, I had to make some suggestions. Next suggestion: something about car trunks.

Important changes are in bold.

Short explanation
(in points):
1. No barricades for Speed Enforcement.
2. No road cones for S.W.A.T.
3. 2 times faster radar for Speed Enforcement.
4. Finally adding new radar model for Spd Enf.
5. High speed cruiser higher max. speed - the simplest idea ever. Please change it before the update in 2 months if possible.
6. Safety vests and no hat for Spd Enf.
7. Adding new battering ram model which is already finished. (StephenPuffs added note: no model was done)
8. Black, Chinese and Mexican S.W.A.T. playermodel (eyes).
9. Police badge / ID model and animation for Secret Service.
10. M1911 for Lieutenants.
11. Accidentally killing with baton.
12. Removing C2 from a door.
13. S.W.A.T. defusing bombs (optional).
14. S.W.A.T. resupplying from their van.
15. 2 flashbangs for each S.W.A.T. member or 2 flashbangs for the first S.W.A.T. member.
16. Add a reason checklist to traffic and misdemeanor ticket that bases the ticket price on the number of offenses.

Detailed description (why should they become added/...):
1. Barricades don't fit in the speed enforcement car anyway. And they aren't road barricades. Barrels are for roads and are highly visible.
2. S.W.A.T. doesn't direct traffic.
3. Speeding cars can drive away or slow down before you catch their speed. And it's hard to aim when it's driving past you.
4. I know a model for it is finished and it just needs animation, so I'm just reminding you about it. Nobody likes Speed Enforcers taking pictures of people and cars with a camera. And people were always asking "Why are you taking pictures? Do your job! Oh, it's a speed camera".
5. Come on, it isn't faster than a Dodge Charger 2012 SRT and even LT's car is much faster than that swaggy VIP "high speed" cruiser that looks nice and drives slow. What's the point of it? It should be faster than LT's car.
6. Everyone mistakes Spd Enf for normal officers, even other officers. They interfere in crimes, drag suspects, maybe even take criminals to prison, because who knows? You can't differentiate them. They should have something like this http://siegelsuniforms.com/sites/default/files/339P.jpg and no hat. Optional addition: baseball police cap.
7. Get on the ground, you are under bazooka-point! Even though having fun with other officers, and S.W.A.T. crouching with an RPG in front of a car is... well, fun, realism is sometimes needed. I know that a real battering ram weighs a lot and it should be realistic. If you have an idea how to add the new model which already exists with animations and make it realistic at the same time, post them here. If not, just replace the RPG with the new model.
8. It's a suggestion requested from a player a long time ago - S.W.A.T. is racist! Recoloring their faces isn't as hard as adding new clothes and playermodels.
9. Add a "weapon" to Secret service with a police badge model. Or an FBI-like ID model. It would improve roleplay with both police officers and citizens.
10. After all, good Lieutenants deserve a different and better pistol.
11. How many times has it happened to you that you had to call a medic because suspect hit with a baton for not cooperating started bleeding, or he passed out because he was hit about 10 times? I witnessed a situation where a medic was called to the jail stairs because the suspect "has tripped over on his shoelaces". And it happened twice in a row.
Suggestion: left click doesn't change, and right click deals no damage.
12. Sometimes it turns out C2 isn't needed anymore and you can use the "bazooka" to break in. If it is possible to take it off the door, I didn't know about it.
13. Someone has to do it. Bomb squad would be too much work. I suggest defusing bombs with "E" key. It depends on the developers whether there should be a small chance that it blows up when you defuse it or not.
14. Before I suggest a complicated system for it, this is a simple fix: S.W.A.T. should be able to resupply flashbangs, C2 and maybe ammo by pressing T while they're near the S.W.A.T. van. 1 flashbang is definitely not enough. Speaking of which...
15. If there is just one S.W.A.T. available, 1 flashbang is like nothing. 2 for every S.W.A.T would add some realism, because 1 for each is too little. It's up to the owners to decide whether it would be OP. I don't think so. And if it would, then when there is 1 S.W.A.T. member, he should have 2 flashbangs. Each S.W.A.T. that joins after him would get only 1 flashbang + if everyone else leaves, last one left should be able to take another flashbang from his van or armory.
16. Well, short explanation is enough, I guess. It's not really needed, but a reckless driver should pay more than someone whose car has been bumped and has 2 wheels on the sidewalk.

I'll make a suggestion about S.W.A.T. leader after I get to play the new gamemode. Unless Stephen will do it before me.

Thanks for reading.

Optional additions:

-nope

EDIT: updated idea 1, 5, some formatting and removed excessive ones.

Last edited:
Reaction score
7. Battering ram new model or just new animations and black texture.
8. Black and Chinese S.W.A.T. playermodel (eyes).
9. Police badge / ID model and animation for Secret Service.
10. M1911 for Lieutenants.

12. Removing C2 from a door.
13. S.W.A.T. defusing bombs.
15. 2 flashbangs for each S.W.A.T. member or 2 for the first one.
16. Add a reason checklist to traffic and misdemeanor ticket that bases the ticket price on the number of offenses.

These are things we need! We still have the Bazooka for the battering Ram!

+Support

Reaction score
2. No road cones for S.W.A.T.
I'd say Swat should keep/be able to get road cones. Obviously they do not have to handle the Traffic but i noticed it before several times that Police Officers were not doing there job. And it's an object that can always be needed.

3. 2 times faster radar for Speed Enforcement.
If i remember it right it should be "fixed" within the next update.

4. Finally adding new radar model for Spd Enf.
Need to tweak a few things on the model and then i'll hand it over to xq/stephen so they can finish the coding/animation part.

6. Safety vests and no hat for Spd Enf.
Well what can i say to that... i do agree that it sometimes happens that they get noticed as regular cops which even might end up in them being killed in certain situations. I'm pretty sure Stephen will figure something out :)

7. Battering ram new model or just new animations and black texture.
Same with the Speed Radar Gun... Model is done just needs some coding/animations and its finished. Issue is that Police Officers actually do not carry such heavy object with them making the hole situation (Police being able to carry a Battering ram 24/7) rather unrealistic then realistic. I guess i will have to look for more variations of a battering ram.

11. Accidentally killing with baton.
The Baton should do damage to someone but not making them bleed after 2-3 hits.... Although you should not use the baton to beat someone to death anyways its mainly to just stop a criminal from fleeing or to force a criminal to drop his gun (yes it works, hit a person with a weapon 2-3 times and he will put his weapon away automatically).

13. S.W.A.T. defusing bombs.
It is in general not such a bad idea but it really depends on how the Police Force is currently doing their job (Professionally or the regular Perp style...) As an example i would say someone deployed a bomb near the City Hall because the Mayor did something making the Citizens not happy. Now Police would make first contact and then evacuate the area making it possible for swat to clear the threat. But like i stated it would only work if the Police Force is roleplaying properly.

In my opinion this should not be added. Swat should always have a specific load out when going to a call. By a specific load out i mean that you have 4 swat members that need to work as a team and have their own set of weapons and work as a team. Its mainly to prevent from one swat member only to do all the roles (Provide cover with a sniper, breach a building etc.) What i would like to see is swat being able to at least resupply their flashbangs or to just grab some ammo (Obviously that would need to be limited so you don't have swat standing next to the swat van and just shooting and resupplying again.

15. 2 flashbangs for each S.W.A.T. member or 2 for the first one.
Same with this suggestion i'd say this should not be added as a Swat Team should always be working together and therefore planning everything before actually raiding a building. And before you say what if there is only one swat member ? Well i would say do not play swat while you are alone.

Being able to change the reason why you gave someone a ticket would be nice to have although not really necessary as you tell the driver anyway what he did wrong... But still a nice addition. Now to being able to change the price is not such a good idea as it could be easily abused.

Reaction score
I +Support your good idea I think it should be added
ZYsfJzo.png

Reaction score
I tried to comment on Krzeszny comment but i've reached the char limit so i will have to reply in this way...

What i meant by saying that you should only play as a swat when there is 3 other members online allowing you to play as a team.... What i don't understand is that you "when there is no mayor, nobody should play as S.W.A.T. (not to break 3.4) and let people rob the bank?" why would you play as a swat alone in the first place ? Why dont you play as a regular officer in the meantime ? And then respond to a bank robbery ? I've seen it more often that regular officer have accomplished more in a bank robbery then Swat members....

Status
Not open for further replies.