Model Suggestion Katana and Baseball bat Backwear

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Katana and Baseball bat Backwear
Suggestion Description: I want the ability to see the katana and Bat I am equipping on my back. This is good looking as Katanas and bats on backs would be a legit very cool look to have. Yet at the same time making it more realistic to carry Katanas and bats as I don't know anybody capable of concealing the Katana or a bat that of the size which we have in the game. They are just about as tall as a torso if not more, so it is impossible realistically to conceal. Currently it works as when equipped it is fully hidden until drawn which is a missed opportunity and unrealistic.

Why should this be added?:
- Realistic Holster
- Style and Fashion
- Increase Use
- Increase Attraction
- Allow for further 7.5 and 7.6 enforcement so more RP for the cops.
- I assume pretty easy to do.

What negatives could this have?:
- People complain they can't conceal a meter stick long katana without anybody noticing.
-I can't think of anything else to be honest!

Attachments

• opera_SLelm3NOB8.png
    opera_SLelm3NOB8.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
I noticed that a cosmetic decal suggestion was reviewed beforehand and this one has pretty much spiraled down the drain of unreviewed suggestions. Can we maybe see about if this suggestion is something which is possible?

Reaction score
1663918892637.png
This is how to holster a katana. On your back is just barbaric and impractical and only done in deadpool movies.

Only make it available as a sideguard/holster, also who the fuck carries a bat on their back? usually it is put in a backpack of some sort (just like all your furniture) hence it is not visible on your back, I have never ever seen anyone carry a bat on their back. However would love to see the katana only on your side.

Reaction score
View attachment 15424
This is how to holster a katana. On your back is just barbaric and impractical and only done in deadpool movies.

Only make it available as a sideguard/holster, also who the fuck carries a bat on their back? usually it is put in a backpack of some sort (just like all your furniture) hence it is not visible on your back, I have never ever seen anyone carry a bat on their back. However would love to see the katana only on your side.
I fail to understand that practicality / movie argument cause it proves nothing considering all the other currently implemented features about how equipped weapons are shown. Why don't primary firearms have slings for practical use, isn't wearing them on your back "barbaric and impractical"? They're also shown on your back. The idea that a big weapon is on your back is already part of PERP so a katana or any other big melee like a bat or weapon which would make sense to put there, due to it's size, seems like the most reasonable addition and way easier to implement.

This suggestion is covering all big weapons in and how they should be shown as holstered in a reasonable way. This is why the bat is included since unless you can explain to me how currently everybody can equip bats bigger than their torso as a fully concealed weapon (just like the katana btw) then it is absolutely as necessary as the katana without any other place to put it while holstered.

I don't mind having the choice between either a sheath or a backwear for the katana as a cosmetic little feature but if I had to choose one I'd pick on the back simply because it makes more sense due to it being just like any other big weapon AND it would be probably easier for the developers to implement.

Reaction score
I feel like this would ruin the only 2 things both weapons are good for, as they are large, concealed melee weapons. Taking away from these ruins the whole point of them being good immediate self-defence weapons and ambush items.

Reaction score
I feel like this would ruin the only 2 things both weapons are good for, as they are large, concealed melee weapons. Taking away from these ruins the whole point of them being good immediate self-defence weapons and ambush items.
It doesn't ruin them they're still good choices in their own realm, the problem with them currently being concealed is how freakin big they are. It logically doesn't make sense for neither of them to be concealed when there are easily many other better overall options which are concealable.

Gun Problem:
Baseball bats are useless in self defense and ambushing, almost anybody can easily kill you before you get the 5+ hits you need to down one person.
Katanas are pricey and rare so the only people using them would be more seasoned players which means they most likely have guns that are concealable and more powerful so what's the point of a katana when you can just get a gun by that point especially considering the fact it's a melee at the end of the day so anybody you're ambushing or defending against is most likely going to win if they have a gun.

Why it won't make it bad:
When I was a new player I didn't use baseball bats nor katanas, I was using Machetes because they were good if not nearly if not just as powerful as a katana, cheap and I always thought that katanas would show on my back so if it's gonna be an effort to get a katana why not just get a gun at that point. This makes sense as a sweater especially since if I am buying an exotic melee like that (which is the only one out of the two that's actually capable of killing people good) I wouldn't waste my time and instead buy a gun that can be concealed whilst doing the job way easier.

Fashion:
Both weapons are impossibly concealed in some way which is unrealistic. It also loses out on the fashion factor it can bring to people who equip them.

Is it a negative or positive effect:
Generally speaking anybody with either, they're not going to use a melee to seriously try to fight due to either being a sweater who fears losing it or being a seasoned player who knows it's most likely not going to work. An exception are those who don't care and can afford it so they just use it casually.