Server Suggestion Let mayor buy via Delivery app again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Let mayor buy via Delivery app again
Suggestion Description: For some time mayor was able to order stuff through the Delivery app, allowing him to buy materials for crafting or other. When I went as a mayor today I noticed that it wont allow me to pruchase stuff anymore. So I propose to revert it back as it was.

Why should this be added?:
- Giving mayor ability to do something useful besides "afk" farming money
- If you want to order stuff as mayor now, you have to ask someone else, which complicates things

What negatives could this have?:
- It was like this till now and it worked just fine

Reaction score
  • Staff
One negative it could have is it lets the mayor buy and equip a baseball bat, which is against the law.
It just wouldn't let you buy it. It was like this till now and I have yet to see a mayor with a baseball bat

Just noticed that you can't even buy a bat, that way

Reaction score
Negatives I could see this having is Mayor's adjusting sales tax and mass ordering whatever they need as soon as sales tax are at 1%, also most likely resigning once they got their stuff so this is just another step discourage this from happening I guess.

Firefighters and most likely other gov. employees can order stuff just fine FYI

Reaction score
Negatives I could see this having is Mayor's adjusting sales tax and mass ordering whatever they need as soon as sales tax are at 1%, also most likely resigning once they got their stuff so this is just another step discourage this from happening I guess.
This won't stop people from going mayor for their friends and resigning once they got the mats. This just makes the requirement from 1 person to 2 persons.

Reaction score
This won't stop people from going mayor for their friends and resigning once they got the mats. This just makes the requirement from 1 person to 2 persons.
It won't stop it, just discourages it to benefit it solely yourself. You can circumvent it if you truly need to make use of it, but takes some effort (and friends xD).

Last edited:
Reaction score
  • Staff
It won't stop it, just discourages it to benefit it solely yourself. You can circumvent it if you truly need to make use of it, but takes some effort (and friends xD).
It's also not just materials, I wanted to make my store nicer using more props, which I could not buy. Or if you wanted to make more money, you cant even buy a fishing rods to go fishing. So I think it only discourages you from doing anything "exciting", besides RPing as mayor, which is like the only thing that keeps the job from being boring af.

Reaction score
One negative it could have is it lets the mayor buy and equip a baseball bat, which is against the law.
This was already patched because I abused the shit out of it as medic Certain rulebreakers were exploiting it en masse Because I showed them how to do it.

A huge negative to this is it makes the mayor job very self serving and incentivises people becoming mayor just to bulk buy their own materials when taxes hit 1% and then leave the job. This in turn wastes the time of someone who wishes to not exploit the system and play mayor for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.