Server Suggestion Loosening police RDM rules

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Loosening police RDM rules
Suggestion Description: Have it so as well as being able to kill police if they are giving your friend a 7+ year sentence, you are able to kill an officer if your friend could potentially loose e.g. up to 10k worth of stuff (Whether it be fines, guns, drugs ect.).

Why should this be added?:
- More realistic
- More fair rules against officers

What negatives could this have?:
- More dying officers

This would simply be too hard to enforce & follow. How would you know the monetary value of your friend?

If your friend is carrying excessive amounts of drugs, he could evade and take action to prevent his arrest within the rules already.

This server is not a deathmatch, killing should be the absolute last resort to any situation.

I would recommend reading rule 3.4 again just to clarify your knowledge -

3.4 Putting your Life at Risk​

Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general well being at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons.

This rule is specifically relevant to the violation of any In-Character law, meaning that murders, thefts, etc, are all expected to be conducted realistically;

A few common examples of unreasonable risks includes, but is not limited to:

• Running on the highway without a justifiable reason
  • Loitering around the vicinity of a shootout you are not a part of or being within the line of fire from both intentional and accidental fire. Users must flee the scene of a shootout and wait for police to clear the scene and reopen the area to the public. This applies regardless of you being restrained or not.
  • Murdering a police officer(s) to avoid yourself or others receiving a minor punishment, such as a small ticket or a minor jail sentence
  • Loitering around the scene of a crime you committed with the intention of engaging in more combat
  • To not comply with reasonable orders given under the direct threat of a lethal weapon pointed at you, such as a mugging.
  • Committing a violent or serious crime, such as murder, theft, arson, etc. whilst knowing that police are in direct eyeshot of the scene you wish to commit the crime at.
  • After committing a crime, relevant precautions should be taken to avoid arrest or police attention, such as avoiding public places.

Some valid reasons to kill police officers include:

• Risk of a long prison sentence
  • Preventing the imminent detection of drug production.
  • Committing a violent crime police would reasonably use lethal force to apprehend you for.

Yes, but I think risk of large money losses (or worth of money e.g. weapon raw prices) should be added to valid reasons to kill police officers. I believe this because 10-20k for a hit is not considered RDM, but risk of losing 10-20k worth of money to an officer and thus killing the officer to prevent is considered RDM. Sorry about the 10-20k worth of drug bit. However, my suggestion still applies to large fines and large weapon raw price losses. Edit: You should only kill the officer if you are 100% sure that they could lose a lot of money.

Small issue with this idea: this suggestion would mean that anyone who openly has a weapon on their back worth more than $10,000 without a good reason would be breaking 3.4 Putting Your Life At Risk, as they are risking a shootout over the weapon on their back. That is insane. With your suggestion, I would be able to kill cops over a Reckless Driving ticket, provided I have a pistol they might take.

- More realistic
- More fair rules against officers
How is this more realistic? Most people in real life aren't risking their lives to shoot and kill police officers over a gun being confiscated. The point "more fair rules against officers" seems intentionally vague.

- More dying officers
A very insignificant downside, I am sure that this will not have any negative repercussions.

Small issue with this idea: this suggestion would mean that anyone who openly has a weapon on their back worth more than $10,000 without a good reason would be breaking 3.4 Putting Your Life At Risk, as they are risking a shootout over the weapon on their back. That is insane. With your suggestion, I would be able to kill cops over a Reckless Driving ticket, provided I have a pistol they might take.

How is this more realistic? Most people in real life aren't risking their lives to shoot and kill police officers over a gun being confiscated. The point "more fair rules against officers" seems intentionally vague.

A very insignificant downside, I am sure that this will not have any negative repercussions.
I understand about the reckless driving thing, but I could always be raised to a higher price such as 20k-30k+. Also, the "more realistic" part mainly refers to real fines such as 100,000 fines for property damage or whatever. The part mentioning more fair rules against officers is due to you not being able to do much when your friend is being arrested most times as there are many non lethal ways to free a friend. Finally, about the downside, I couldn't really think of anything so I kind of waffled.

I could walk around with an assault rifle solely to shoot cops who try and intervene if this got implemented and tbh it’s all anyone would do if they were bored and wanted a free shootout without having to raid A base or pay for a bank robbery. This is serious RP, Not some SSRP Downtown Server where human life is valued at a 500 dollar hit.

it’s also not “RDM” to kill a cop over not wanting to lose a gun anyways Since it’s provoked, it’s just against other rules.

I'm trying to think of a place that has as much murder and mayhem as Paralake occuring on a daily basis, but I actually can't think of any that comes close. I mean, look at these figures, they don't lie.

CO6nf0Q.png

In terms of my initial thoughts on this suggestion, well, my mum says that if I've got nothing nice to say, then I shouldn't say anything at all.

To clarify things I don't mean killing police if you see them and have a high value weapon on your back. I mean killing them if the put you/your friend in cuffs and are looking to confiscate the weapon.
I could walk around with an assault rifle solely to shoot cops who try and intervene if this got implemented and tbh it’s all anyone would do if they were bored and wanted a free shootout without having to raid A base or pay for a bank robbery. This is serious RP, Not some SSRP Downtown Server where human life is valued at a 500 dollar hit.

it’s also not “RDM” to kill a cop over not wanting to lose a gun anyways Since it’s provoked, it’s just against other rules.