Lots of potential... lost in a blizzard of grief...

Reaction score
It´s been years since I lost hope in gmods role playing servers. I´ve played over a thousand hours of DarkRp a couple years ago, and had a ton of fun and laughs, also some bad unfair times (but thats just part of life). Slowly i moved away from darkrp because it seemed all togeather way too exploitable, childish and uninmersive. I just lost interest because of the community that played in it in general, and it was truly hard to enjoy an RP experience.
But one day i randomly installed gmod again an joined an old friend named "SlayerDuck", i found this amazing server and because of its gameplay and epic community I felt again the hype and joy of playing in a role play server, but this time much more serious than I have ever seen before. I was thrilled.
Slowly during the days went by, I learned more about how to enjoy myself within the rules and give a good solid role playing experience to the rest of the players i came across, always keeping the inmersion and roleplay to a sophisticated level. Sometimes mingebags would try to bend the rules, but i would be patient and try to explain to new comers how things work around here (even after being RDM´d). But day after day, I noticed how some people are extremly toxic, sefish and materialistic, making this server sometimes an /OOC war between people blackmailing one and other with reporting A.R.´s on the forums, making people scared of not being able to enjoy their time here doubting their each word or step.
I am getting tired and It makes me sad to see so many people trying to report me and others for loosing a couple of insignificant digital items. I just feel that i have to explain myself for every single move, if not some angry kid is going to report me becuase they are frustrated things didnt go their way. In general i would love to see if people tried a bit harder to resolve things in game or chatting, to come to a conclusion or to close an argument. AR´s should be the last of the alternatives, and should be specifically used for serious rule breaking, and for teaching the person that broke the rule what he/she did wrong so it doesnt repeat itself.
Just to close this all, maybe this will be my good bye, i love this server and think it has great potential, but if i get banned from it again, i dont think i will give another chance to interact and entertaine the members of its community. Peace.

Reaction score
But day after day, I noticed how some people are extremly toxic, sefish and materialistic, making this server sometimes an /OOC war between people blackmailing one and other with reporting A.R.´s on the forums, making people scared of not being able to enjoy their time here doubting their each word or step.
Is this because I made an AR agaibst you for making over 20 people have a bad experience?
I do not see any point in people leaving because they broke the rules.

You do something - learn to live with the consequences.

Reaction score
Why vote OP dumb, please elaborate. This is a legit concern that i have personally witnessed many times, especially new players are effected by this. When i joined the server i didn't have the perfect start either, sure i wasn't a complete minge and ran across the intersection as soon as i spawned at city hall but i did have minor breakages of 3.4 and such. This was when @GraveDinosaur started out as a enforcer. I wasn't given a warning or ban but instead was explained what i did wrong and how i could avoid or improve these kinds of situations. By given an actual chance at improving your roleplay you end up with much better members and a good core community. These days i feel like people would rather see new players banned then to give them a chance at improving their roleplay. It wasn't like this a year ago, what happened?

Reaction score
85f0191543.png

Yes excellent, guys, let's just ignore the genuine concerns raised by a member of the community and dish him out some dumb ratings!

372497.jpg

OP has done something quite selfless; he's taken the time out of his day to post his views about the community, which doesn't happen a lot. If anything the majority of the people are just reinforcing what he's saying. This is definitely something the Senior Administration team should look into and see what the problem is and if anything can be done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
AR´s should be the last of the alternatives, and should be specifically used for serious rule breaking, and for teaching the person that broke the rule what he/she did wrong so it doesnt repeat itself.

While leaving over anything that might of happened is a bit much, I have to agree with this point right here. I think that ARs are being made too often and for such minor things where they could rather be sorted out by adding someone on steam and talking about it.

Regarding new players getting warnings/bans: Majority of people have warnings and such from when they first joined and really thats not a problem, getting a warning for running across the intersection, while it could be a bit much, shows this is a serious server and as a new player it gives you insight into what the server is like.

Goodbye.

Reaction score
I agree that things might come off as more butthurt when people report you for seemingly small things and salt AR's should be looked at exactly as they cancer are, even though it might be hard to deduct the exact intent of the AR
And that users should be spoken to before action being taken to actually see if they understand what they did wrong and be more lenient if possible (I know its easy for me to say, im not a mod anymore ;) and i do recognize they will take alot more time)
However, rules are still rules and admins can punish people to the amount THEY feel is necessary

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since speaking to someone over steam, teamspeak or in the game is not necessary people see absolutely no reason to speak to them. An AR is quickly made and only a handful would prefer speaking to someone rather than reporting them straight away. It's just the way how our system works at the moment.

Taking an example, from the well known Altislife.co.uk community. They do force you to speak about a situation with the party in question before making a report. This cuts out about half of the total reports made simply because giving someone 500k will most of the times sort it out. However if you manage to get yourself banned it's an instant permanent ban. If you managed to appeal it and break another rule it's over and out.

Now you can ask yourself which method you prefer. They both have their ups and downs.

AR´s should be the last of the alternatives, and should be specifically used for serious rule breaking, and for teaching the person that broke the rule what he/she did wrong so it doesnt repeat itself.

The only way this would work is is bans would be longer than an average 5 days.

Reaction score
Even I agree that it's becoming up to a point where Action Requests are made for literally everything.

Some examples;

You lost a gun
You got called a name that hurt your feelings.
You died.

A lot of situations can be dealt with In Character.

Just chill out guys and play the game.

(On phone so not as detailed as I would like)

Reaction score
@Mr.Hyde you have absolutely raised some very good points. Most of your concerns are completely relatable, and I am sure most people feel with you.

2014: When I first started playing early 2014 what you described was never the case. Some people might have been mad, which of course is understandable. However things was always solved with good ol' blood. This not only made Perpheads more fun, as if you fucked up, you knew what was going to come (10 people with Tec-9's screaming CYKA). You would in most cases die because of it, as it is hard to fight off 10 guerrilla's enjoying a bit of guerrilla warfare.

2015: Very early 2015 I came back from my ever so long perm ban. I didn't really come back to the good ol' Perpheads, but all the players you knew were still in business. I quickly joined an org with my pals, and the slaughtering was still fun (org wars back then was actually wars, and not just empty threats). People slowly started to be the aidsfest you have witnessed yourself, but not totally ridiculous.

2016: Oh boy a shitty fucking year for Perpheads. Not only did all the good players who were not entirely shit get banned, but all the kids arrived with their yellow school buses. They join the orgs with no really requirements and get their view on things instantly. The thing is that the org with no requirements, can't really do shit as they are just a bunch of dummies scaring away crows. So they don't hit anything with they Nerf guns, and therefore they will only ever succeed if they over analyze some situation, that the admins will believe in. This will get the better orgs banned unless they come up with some shitty excuse, that is just as stupid as the report/AR itself.
So yea, 2016 are now 99% people who cannot take care of them selves, and instead of actually showing whos boss, they show who is definetely not boss. This I myself witness all the time as people hate me for shooting up their house and steal all their drugs all the time, while I they can't do shit about it.
So yea... All the things you pointed out are entirely true, and should be dealt with. This is the reason why I am applying for Enforcer, in the hope of getting Moderator or the like to maybe fix this issue. But it is hard to deal with something that the people of Perpheads are now born with, and apparently can't live without.
Didn't check my spelling, so never lucky.
I have to disagree with you in this, firstly I do not see how this is a bad year for PERPHeads, we've come a very far way where the server has grown a lot, now you're stating that all good players got banned from the server who are not entierly shit, however if they were now so good how can they now be banned? They've obviously done something very wrong for this to happen.

No weapons have been nerfed in any way at all, we added a completely new system for guns aswell as a full new arsenal of weapons, this obviously means that adjustments for these weapons to not be either to OP or to be to shit has to be made, I agree to some extent that the marksmanship thing can be sucky sometimes however please note that it got adjusted so it is actually way better than it way before.

Organisations - I don't understand your point? All organisations have always been shit, if you're gonna praise organisations such as Belinsky who according to loads of community members is one of the best organisations in all aspects (which it really wasn't, it was a big shitfest) In 2015 we had so many shit organisations, obviously this will grow as the community grows.

Reaction score
I'll drop my opinion in here aswell because now @Feng did it, it is popular.

There are some players that get really salty when they lose guns, heck, when they lose anything they get salty. I myself have been a bit salty from time to time aswell but that basically meant I was either having a bad day (no excuse pls no hurt me) or just because I kept getting raided over and over again.
Then we also have the players who I like to call the 'AR People'. Whenever they see you break a rule but it doesn't affect them whatsoever and they don't do anything, not even a report. But oh my, if it does affect them you can expect some salt in LOOC or OOC chat. He will ask for you Steam name, your Steam ID and your in-game name! They will then make an AR on you and when it gets accepted there will be a RR up and running a second later. I imagine them sitting behind their desks looking at their alerts waiting for the AR to be accepted.
This one is nice aswell, happens a lot.
Someone makes an AR on you. You see the clip and see him breaking the most minor rule in the entire world. You decide to make an AR against him using his own clip because he said nigger in LOOC. This actually happens, it might not be exactly the same but shit like this happens. This is a really salty move... Don't do that. If he breaks major rules go ahead, but not for saying nigger in LOOC.

This is a gaming community, not a 'Who-makes-the-best-AR' Community. Come on, back in early 2015 when I joined and people could still talk in LOOC when dead you saw stuff like '[LOOC] Synatec: Ah! Crap, I died gg man!' and in some rare occurance you saw '[LOOC] Random Player ayy: GOD DAMNIT YOU FUCKING IDIOT CUNT FAGGOT', these players got taken care of.
LOOC was blocked while dead for a reason, mainly META gaming but I am pretty sure for this aswell and instead of just shutting up and accepting you died, you swear in OOC chat for everyone to see. Great.
This was back when the AR section was only used for real rule breakage. Not for salt attacks.

Bring back the PERPHeads from late 2014/early 2015.
Punish people for complaining in OOC chat.
Do whatever is needed to stop this nonsense.

(NOTE: I do admit to getting salty myself sometimes aswell, but if everyone stops this will be fixed)

Reaction score
People being angry about dying has always been a thing. Not just on this server but also on any other servers. In fact I remember clearly people getting really mad about dying on SimplyPERP (a server I used to play on before perpheads) and threatening to create ARs on me.
So don't be dishonest and say that everything has always been better one year ago, I've seen so many threads that claimed exactly the same several years ago.
I do realize that people creating ARs over anything can be a problem but I don't see an easy way to fix these things.
I do like what Jordan brought up to some extent
Didn't that Arma community ask people to resolve situations before making a ban request?
But at the same time adding a requirement like this is probably gonna cause a lot of looc spam (more than there already is).

I think the best solution would be to change the system so that clearly petty ARs are just thrown out immediately and only ARs that actually matter, such as affecting RP in a very bad way or losing a lot of stuff for no good reason should be looked at.

Reaction score
People being angry about dying has always been a thing. Not just on this server but also on any other servers. In fact I remember clearly people getting really mad about dying on SimplyPERP (a server I used to play on before perpheads) and threatening to create ARs on me.
So don't be dishonest and say that everything has always been better one year ago, I've seen so many threads that claimed exactly the same several years ago.
I do realize that people creating ARs over anything can be a problem but I don't see an easy way to fix these things.
I do like what Jordan brought up to some extent

But at the same time adding a requirement like this is probably gonna cause a lot of looc spam (more than there already is).

I think the best solution would be to change the system so that clearly petty ARs are just thrown out immediately and only ARs that actually matter, such as affecting RP in a very bad way or losing a lot of stuff for no good reason should be looked at.
Great to see you guys are hopefully gonna be working on this problem! If this actually works we can finally have a somewhat normal organization war with less beef, and of course no more "You banned my friend this is revenge" drama.

Reaction score
I´m Glad people are starting to talk about the "ELEPHANT" in the room.
At first i thought it was only me, but it seems its a deep problem embedded in the root of the community

and @LEWIS088 "A lot of situations can be dealt with In Character ,Just chill out guys and play the game."

Wish i could buddy.