Server Suggestion Lumberjack/Woodchopping

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Lumberjack/Woodchopping
Suggestion Description: My suggestion is for a lumberjack system to be added where players can craft or buy an axe weapon and then chop trees for a log material that can be processed into planks at either a workbench or something like a sawmill NPC. Those planks (and the logs) can then be sold to players or NPCs for money.

Why should this be added?:
This should be added as it will bring:
Better passive RP for civilians that are not working with a standard job (medic, roadcrew, etc) while still not committing crimes for money.
It will make the woodworking skill more useful and bring more players into picking it up as a skill. With that it's also going to make way for more player-run furniture stores and prop stores.
It's going to add more player interaction to all types of crafting that need planks as material as its quite expensive and lumberjacks being able to make a couple of extra bucks from selling to players instead of NPCs and people crafting weapons using wood bought in bulk from lumberjacks will just simply improve the server.
It will bring more players down to Hicktown that aren't just cooking meth in cabins.

What negatives could this have?:
The biggest negative i can think of is probably that it will be a bit tricky to add. Preferably you would want trees that disappear after you have chopped them down but since the trees here are part of the map it's not worth it to change the whole map for it. Instead, I think of a system where you chop with your axe on a tree and get raw materials from it and all trees have a certain amount of materials decided by RNG that respawn some time after it has been chopped. This way it will not be too hard to add to the server and it will still be a good feature.

Reaction score
Love this idea. I was thinking of a similar thing. More ways for players to obtain raw materials without purchasing them but rather going out and harvesting them. This would be a great addition for RP, I also think some sort of mine would be good too for obtaining raw metal.

+1

Reaction score
As long as it doesn't become some dumb grinding requirement to get into anything like another server does for some reason I can get behind this idea.

Reaction score
As long as it doesn't become some dumb grinding requirement to get into anything like another server does for some reason I can get behind this idea.
Easy way is to keep the current system of being able to buy the raw materials. That way it's a choice: Farm them or buy them.